SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My UPS guy is a
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My UPS guy is a Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
wiseass! Big Grin

He dropped off my ETS loader today (Thanks, PR64!) while my grandson and I were unloading the dozer.

I told him he was looking at an opportunity to deliver some REALLY heavy packages. He wanted to know what I was going to do with it and I told him "fix it up and putter around with it here."

He says "Well, I'm looking forward to seeing it run. Just remember, I only have two years until I retire."

Methinks he knows me too well...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I though he was going to ask to borrow it....

Have fun with your new project!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my UPS guy.... can’t say the same about Fedex or post office. I don’t know how many times I have to tell the Jackasses at FedEx to ring my door bell because I often don’t hear a knock at the door from my office Or when I’m in the backyard. I have a ring doorbell installed so my phone notifies me when someone is at the door, but the Fedex people REFUSE to ring the doorbell so I constantly miss packages from those idiots

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe put a note on the door saying “delivery persons please use doorbell”?
Fedex is terrible here, too.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My UPS guy was on time today. He brought supplies to reload for the early 80’s Smith Model 57, 41 Mag.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My UPS guy is aces. He arrives at 11:30 AM, no matter what the Yoop weather is. He roars down my driveway, rapidly and perfectly parks his rig and always knocks loudly. He admires my BMW S1000XR, too.
USPS and FedEx should hire him as a trainer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I love my UPS guy.... can’t say the same about Fedex or post office. I don’t know how many times I have to tell the Jackasses at FedEx to ring my door bell because I often don’t hear a knock at the door from my office Or when I’m in the backyard. I have a ring doorbell installed so my phone notifies me when someone is at the door, but the Fedex people REFUSE to ring the doorbell so I constantly miss packages from those idiots

I only knock or ring if I need a signature. I've got shit to do and don't want to wait around for someone to come to the door if I don't need to actually interact with them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

I only knock or ring if I need a signature. I've got shit to do and don't want to wait around for someone to come to the door if I don't need to actually interact with them.
I don't like to leave things sitting out there without knowing about it, so a ring would be appreciated even if you ring-and-run without waiting for an answer. When I go to the door to answer the ring I will see the package even if you have departed at a high rate of velocity, assuming that I beat the Porch Pirates to retrieve the loot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Likely common knowledge, but one can register at the UPS app/site and leave preferences.

We live in a quiet, low to zero crime area, ‘porch pirates’ not allowed. I have a standing preference to leave packages inside the garage. It’s always worked well.

If I need more than that, a note on the door works. If it’s a ‘signature required’ delivery, I try to be home, or sort it out, hold it, whatever.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did I tell you about the time my fed ex guy pulled over and asked me if he could help ?

I was trying to get a couch out of a neighbors house , by my self.

he picked up one end, we spun it a bit and we took it all the way out too the curb

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The UPS guy also knows he will be wearing out your driveway delivering parts for your new to you dozer. Job security & retirement package.

PS. Somebody has to love on these old girls so future generations can enjoy rural life Americana.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post