SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Box stores, If you have something in stock, and set up a delivery date....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Box stores, If you have something in stock, and set up a delivery date.... Login/Join 
posted
For fucks sake put the damn thing on the truck and deliver it.

Thank you best buy for fucking up a day.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The email i fired off last night.
quote:
Hello,

I purchased the above order online, scheduled the delivery and install for today. I recieved no phone call or email cancellation. I took today off to be here for the installation. Now after two hours on the phone with best buy i am told. Maybe, it might be on the truck from the warehouse next week, then i will need to schedule 3 seperate appointments, delivery, install and removal. So at least two days off upwards of four. Can you honestly give me a reason why i should even consider not cancelling this order.

The reply late last night 9:25.
quote:
Aaron,

I am working on procuring your unit. I understand you spoke with our appliance team earlier today. I will reach out to you tomorrow regarding soonest availability of your special order unit. I apologize for the delay.

Matthew Lindsay
Geek Squad Manager

The email I recieved thismorning.
quote:
Aaron, today is the day!

Dia has your products and is estimated to arrive between the hours of 08:00 AM and 12:00 PM.

Check out your Appointment Manager for up-to-date information.

We look forward to seeing you, and thanks again for choosing Best Buy®.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Care Team
Order Date: 11/02/2017

I open it up and check it out, sure enough it is the same email i saw yeasterday. A name, Delivery time window, Install time window, Removal of old unit time window. It is now 11:55 am. It seems that BB cant get their heads out of their asses.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Can you honestly give me a reason why i should even consider not cancelling this order ... It is now 11:55 am.
Definitely time to cancel.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Separate appointments for delivery, install, and removal?

Unless it's a gas dryer (and assuming your jurisdiction has rules about who can and can't muck about with natural gas), I just don't get it. Even in that case, why not remove the old unit when the new one is delivered?

Hell no. I would definitely not go for that.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
After reading many of the postings about customer service bad service, I think its running rampant everywhere.

We (wife) and I have found with appliances, we are best served by a local family owned appliance center, which is a vanishing breed.

One exception is the crew from Lowes that installed our flooring last year, they were exceptional. Courteous, prompt, quality work.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased my last item at Best Buy in 1998. Never again will I subject myself to such horrible customer service. After purchasing $700 of audio equipment, they refused to exchange a unused $15 cable still in the package. I was 1 day over the 30 day exchange period.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update, Since being called and told they were working on it. I have recieved 3 phone cancelation notices via phone, and 6 scheduled appointments from last thursay through the 17th.

I have not been into town yet to go sort this out at best buy. I am hoping i can make it in this next week and get it all squared away.

Kids need to brush up hand dishwashing skills every so often anyways, right?

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Only time I will buy at Best Buy is if I take it right then and there. One example of their delivery was enough for me. After I went in and raised hell with them I got a $100 gift card and took it with no remorse. I told them the special instructions where to put the old and serviceable washing machine and so did my wife at delivery time. Did they follow it? Nope. Had to drag it out of the street and back up to the garage where both of us instructed it to be left.

Lowe's, their crew was supposed to connect the last washer and dryer we bought, yep, they did not have the parts to do so. Off to the hardware to get them and do it myself.

So far, Home Depot has had the best delivery and install. In fact, we needed to bump the refrigerator delivery up a week, they were very helpful and smoothly done. As my daughter was getting my old fridge, we asked if the delivery men could take it next door and put it in our neighbor's garage until my daughter could move it. My garage was packed with two antique cars and two bikes. They did with no hesitation or griping. I slipped them a twenty for cold drinks, they busted their asses for us.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
What was the end of this?

I would have sent them a bill for my hourly rate for the work they made me miss. Seriously.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They called me on the 15th to confirm delivery time 12 to 4 the following day the 16th.

Sometime after this call someone from best buy online rescheduled the delivery for the 18th. Leaving the install and removal of the old unit for the 16th.

The delivery did not pick up the unit, so the install crew did not come. This makes it the 9th scheduled that was missed.

It is now scheduled for sat the 18th, or dec 4th.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. I think I'd blow my top, with an assholic email to someone at the top. That is insane.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Holy shit. I think I'd blow my top, with an assholic email to someone at the top. That is insane.

One from best buy online

quote:
Good morning,

Thank you for emailing in the details of your order. I'm sorry for the troubles you've experienced recently!

I have forwarded your concerns to our Geek Squad Customer Care team here at the corporate office for further review. They will be better equipped with the tools to assist you with this. You can expect a follow up soon.

Thank you,

One from local best buy warehouse manager.

quote:
Aaron,

Following up sir. On behalf of Best Buy I apologize for the hiccups you've experienced in regards to your order. In taking a look at the order on the back end this morning it appears your delivery split from the preferred contractor. In review of the notes there was a call made on the 14th to the number on the order regarding your install in fact being rescheduled for the 11/18/17 8a-12p and delivery of 11/16/17. As stated prior I have personally validated that your unit is here in store. The install of the 18th was completed by our online team due to the 3rd party contractors availability. At this time I am writing to see how you would like to proceed. I am personally in the store today til 7PM.

posted Hide Post
And today, the installer calls me at 9 am and says he is on his way. Wanted to know where the new dishwasher was stored. I explained it was not delivered, that it is still at the store.

He says he would go back and get it. I get a phone call from Matt, the warehouse manager at 11. The installer left the store with out the damn dishwasher. Matt arrived at work at 11 and noticed our dishwasher sitting there with all our delivery and install paperwork on it. Just sitting there. Supposedly they are calling the joker back to get the dishwasher and install it today.

Anyone want to take bets as to wether or not that will happen?

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'd be unleashing some holy hell. I'd email the freaking CEO. What a circus.

-JALLEN

posted Hide Post
At 11:30 today i recieved a call from the delivery company. They appoligized, and scheduled the delivery for wednesday 8 to 12.

So i look at my delivery. All they are delivering is the dishwasher install kit. Not the dishwasher, nor installing it, nor removing the old.

Shakes head.

Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Why email? I call the store's manager the day of delivery if there is an issue and resolve the problem with one phone call. I explain that any day other than what was scheduled is unacceptable. How is he going to solve this problem? Anything other than we'll have it delivered today... is unacceptable.
Only had an issue once with Lowes and the above conversation ended with, We're going to get another truck and the team will be out with your refrigerator this morning.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was an online order. Supposedly these are filled by corperate, and 3rd party ninconpoops. It is only at the store to be picked up. The store and its geek squad can not deliver it or some such crap. Though our local manager had been doing his best to coordinate the delivery, install and removal. The failures have been the 3rd party delivery and install.

I live in the middle of bfe. I suspect the 3rd party ninconpoops dont want deliver this far out.

posted Hide Post
Well the dishwasher is here.

The first attempt installing it was a failure. They installed it sitting out of the cabinet 3 inches. All because they did not have shims or longer screws. I have provided them their choice of either.

posted Hide Post
It is delivered and installed.

Final gripe, Best buy's online sizing does not take into account the thickness of the door. It sticks out from our counter 3/8ths of an inch. The size they listed online matched the demensions of the previous dishwasher perfectly. When delivered it is almost an inch deeper than the old dishwasher, making it stick out a bit.