SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Huge pictures used for forum member avatar
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge pictures used for forum member avatar Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I wish I could get away with ignoring the 60x60 rule. Frown

I think we just need to demand that your sig line be the link to the full size version of your current avatar.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
There's an option in preferences;

Hide Avatars and Signatures For All Users?

Works like a charm.

Excellent, except I like reading most of the signatures, but may try it for a while. Thanks !!!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Some people just don't give a fuck.

I think there are as many who don't have as clue, as don't give a fuck.

There are at least as many who don't give a fuck. I call people out whenever I see it, and I'd say it's probably 60/40 that they tell me they don't care or mind my own business or some other such bullshit vs them actually doing something about it (or even asking how to).

Not only is it fucking annoying, it's fucking ignorant. It's a waste of bandwidth, especially for those who have caps (rural wireless service, cell phone service, etc).

People like that should be stricken from the internet IMO.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish I could get away with ignoring the 60x60 rule. Frown

Trust me, so do we. Wink

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
There's an option in preferences;

Hide Avatars and Signatures For All Users?

Works like a charm.

Excellent, except I like reading most of the signatures, but may try it for a while. Thanks !!!

The combo of pictures and names help me remember who's who. Otherwise I'd mix up the Ronins for sure.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

I am just the opposite. I like the avatars because it easily (visually) identifies the poster, but signatures can be ridiculously long. It would be nice if there were a way to select one or the other to block, but the software is what it is, and this remains the best forum family around.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My avatar just went away, said something about 3rd party settings on my host (which is photobucket).

Whassup with that?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are two threads about it. Look at them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I don't think too many would complain about mine. Big Grin

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oh, you'd be surprised. I've been called crass for posting pics of faces before.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'd bet many have no clue as to image size, how to find it, and what to do to resize, yes we get some tips and tricks in some threads but after a while those are gone, as will this one....

If so, there's no requirement to have an avatar.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about this for my new avatar.

Razz

Deleted humorous / sarcastic photo to ensure peace and harmony on the interwebz.

Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Some people don't know any better... or they're new... that's fine.

But we have this same thread a few times a year and there are a few people that still have their same huge avatar for a decade or so now. Mad

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
lol I'll use this as my avy:

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:there's no requirement to have an avatar.
And there is no requirement to VIEW avatars.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
lol I'll use this as my avy:

Or this:

Big Grin

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've used animated gifs on only a few occasions. It's not really my thing. But if I was gonna use one like that, it'd be:

Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Some people don't know any better... or they're new... that's fine.

But we have this same thread a few times a year and there are a few people that still have their same huge avatar for a decade or so now. Mad

I remember the 60x60 requirement being specified when adding an avatar, so even new members should see it. Does it show up every time you change an avatar? I don't know since I've kept the same one from the start.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
I remember the 60x60 requirement being specified when adding an avatar, so even new members should see it. Does it show up every time you change an avatar? I don't know since I've kept the same one from the start.
Yes the 60x60 warning does show up every time as I change mine for the major holidays.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've used animated gifs on only a few occasions. It's not really my thing. But if I was gonna use one like that, it'd be

That is so you! Good choice

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post