SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx question Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
More of a question than a rant.

I have 4 packages that have to be picked up by FedEx. 3 are from the Kidde extinguisher recall and 1 is a return to Bass Pro for a defective product.
I called FedEx today. They are picking up the Kidde extinguishers Monday and the Bass Pro Box on Tuesday. The fire extinguishers have the black and white hazardous label on them. Do they separate what truck can pick up certain boxes?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about what truck can pick up at your house. BUT, the hazardous ones have to be handled differently at the hub and sometimes put in another sealed shipping crate and so forth. So that might have something to do with it. If not a hazardous material might spill or explode (like a battery) and damage A LOT of other packages.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Are you shipping from your home or business?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I drop off everything I want ship FedEX at their FedEX/Office location. I get a receipt and off I go. I used to call for pickup but so much hassle it's easier to drop off. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I drop off everything I want ship FedEX at their FedEX/Office location. I get a receipt and off I go. I used to call for pickup but so much hassle it's easier to drop off.

Exactly what I do. I ship and receive packages weekly at my home office. Their pickup service is unreliable. Also most people don't realize their is a difference between Fedex Express (Air and 2nd day service) and Fedex Ground. They won't take each others packages (you can tell by a large E or large G on the label) but the fedex hub or stores will take either of them.

That might be your issue. Do they have E or G on them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Protip. FedEx Office (Kinkos) doesn't take the fire extinguishers.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd bet the packages being picked up Monday are FedEx Express and the packages being picked up Tuesday are FedEx Ground.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Fedex Ground picks up and delivers HazMat and regular packages.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Are you shipping from your home or business?

My home.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Normally I would take the packages to my brothers business that has a UPS and FedEx pickup every day, but with the snow and my work schedule changing daily I chose to have them pick up the boxes at my home.

Living the Dream

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Protip. FedEx Office (Kinkos) doesn't take the fire extinguishers.

The area Walgreens stores DO take them.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Out here, FedEx has three different trucks and three different standards. One is a FedEx employee, and the other two are contractors. Who picks up what may vary based on the content of the packages. With UPS, it's only one driver for everything.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
I'd bet the packages being picked up Monday are FedEx Express and the packages being picked up Tuesday are FedEx Ground.

Other way around. Hazmat goes ground.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
At least up here, FedEX Ground can pick up from a FedEx Express location, but not the other way around.
Makes it a PITA as my company only ships Express, and I have a Ground location right down the street that I can't use.
Why they break up their business like that I 'll never understand, but somehow it works for them.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
I just handed all the packed extinguisher boxes to my regular Fedex Ground guy when he delivered some other things. He took them and they are delivered - Never called anyone.

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 908 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:

Other way around. Hazmat goes ground.

FedEx Express handles Dangerous Goods shipments as well.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
They haven't been picked up yet, they said by 7:00pm. I do notice there is the regular FedEx box truck, a FedEx van, and a smaller box truck that used to be DHL or some other smaller company that was bought out by FedEx. I think they are contractors. I see them drive by, but seldom do I hear them when they drop off a package.

Living the Dream

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
FedEx came, I told him I had another package that was scheduled for tomorrow. The driver said why should I make a trip tomorrow when I can take it now? Good for both of us.

Living the Dream

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Different FedEx driver showed up today to pick up the 4th package. I told him the driver yesterday picked it up with the other 3 packages. Shouldn't the computers show it was already picked up?

Living the Dream

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaSigchist:
I just handed all the packed extinguisher boxes to my regular Fedex Ground guy when he delivered some other things. He took them and they are delivered - Never called anyone.

I've had my recalled Kidde extinguisher boxed up and ready to go a week or so, just never got around to calling FedEx to come and get it. Today they delivered a bunch of primers from PVI, and the guy took the Kidde package with him, no questions asked.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post