SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fall is cancelled.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall is cancelled. Login/Join 
Stuck on
himself
posted
We had about 48 hours of spring before winter transitioned straight into summer this year here in Ohio and it looks like we’re going to lose fall as well. Temps have been roughly 20 degrees above normal going on two weeks and it’s going to stay that way until Wednesday.

It’s supposed to be in the mid/upper 80s (July weather in these parts) until mid next week and I bet it’ll be in the 40s about a week after that.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
We also had an extended Spring this year. We didn't get the hot weather until July. 80 degree days in October is crazy.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
According to my trusty digital thermometer (in the shade on the back porch)...it was 88 degrees yesterday at 5:00...88 degrees on October 5th Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tree's are turning here, 50 degree's last night,
halloween yard decorations are up all over tiny town.

saw a witch at the gas station,

half of the corn and beans are out of the fields,

feeling autumnal here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Been in the 90s here in Central Florida. I'm done with it. We live for fall here.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spending the weekend doing yard work, filling in low spots in the yard, aerating and over seeding. Spent the morning digging up some drain lines that weren't buried deep enough. 5 minutes of digging and it looked like I had been swimming in my clothes. Had to come inside to eat and had to take a shower. Right before I came in my hands, stomach, and legs were all cramping. Hands bad enough that I couldn't unlock my fingers. Temps in the low nineties. Can't drink water fast enough.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snowed yesterday in the Yoop. Some places got around 1.5 inches. Did not stick. About 2 weeks early for us. Tree color should peak next week.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, here in South Florida it's still 90 degrees outside just like summer, when this time of year it should be in the low 80's.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
High 90s and humid in N Houston.

The annual autumnal equinox meme for Houston:

Another good meme for fall in the Gulf Coast:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We are actually having a Fall here in the AZ desert. Too often many years it stays in the high 90's low 100's until late in October, then transitions to our chillier winter temps (chilly for AZ). This year we've had some nice rain and it is running in the 70's now.

Even when it is chilly in the winter (50's to 60's during the day), if you get into the sun the radiant energy warms you very quickly and you can sweat if you start working outdoors.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
We have one of the coldest and wettest Octobers I have ever experienced. My wood stove has been running for two weeks or more.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
90° Friday, 88° yesterday and today. "FALL" my ass.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
 We are actually having a Fall here in the AZ desert. Too often many years it stays in the high 90's low 100's until late in October, then transitions to our chillier winter temps (chilly for AZ). This year we've had some nice rain and it is running in the 70's now.
 Even when it is chilly in the winter (50's to 60's during the day), if you get into the sun the radiant energy warms you very quickly and you can sweat if you start working outdoors.

THANK GOD the triple digit temps are gone....hopefully till April.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
In CenTex the rain dropped the temps last week. Today the temp was back up to high 80s and humid so I was sweating like a pig doing easy apartment gardening. Yes, I am feeling that I have been screwed out of autumn to date.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Cold, wet, windy and rainy. Absolutely miserable fall. Can’t really do anything enjoyable outdoors. I’ve probably experienced worse falls...but I don’t remember them.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
We had about 48 hours of spring before winter transitioned straight into summer this year here in Ohio and it looks like we’re going to lose fall as well. Temps have been roughly 20 degrees above normal going on two weeks and it’s going to stay that way until Wednesday.

It’s supposed to be in the mid/upper 80s (July weather in these parts) until mid next week and I bet it’ll be in the 40s about a week after that.

I'm in N.E. Ohio and I feel ya. I have got to ride more since it's been nice but I'm awaiting the cool down.
This weekend coming up, lows in the 40's and highs around 60. Kinda excited.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
First snow today with about 2" accumulation forecast. Fall lasted about a week. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are going to shift from 70's and 80's this week into 50's during the day and 30's at night next week.

The weather this year has been absolutely screwed up with more rain than I'e ever seen in my life in one season. My poor grass is rotting at the roots, because it's drowning in too much wet!

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Three more days of this upper 80 crap. Three more days.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like we are going to shift from 70's and 80's this week into 50's during the day and 30's at night next week.

The weather this year has been absolutely screwed up with more rain than I'e ever seen in my life in one season. My poor grass is rotting at the roots, because it's drowning in too much wet!

Same forecast here. We didn't get all that rain you guys got. Stayed a little south of here.

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post