SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What do people get out of sabotaging the lives of others?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do people get out of sabotaging the lives of others? Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear all the family stories....

One thing I learned from my family's behavior a generation ago is that when someone passes it is a good idea to immediately put someone you trust in that house 24x7 until the locks are changed, and new cameras and security systems are set up.

That's good policy in general to thwart the opportunist thieves who read death notices and funeral schedules in the papers/social media, but it's particularly important to send the right message to any scum one might be related to, as well. Wink

Something about a death seems to bring out those with light fingers and low morals - as though suddenly nobody owns the stuff and the hell with inheritance, wills, etc.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:
CoolRich59,
Your comment made me thing of a quote from Khalil Gibran...
I have learned silence from the talkative,
Toleration from the intolerant,
And kindness from the unkind; yet, strange,
I am ungrateful to those teachers.

These types of people will never gain any basic wisdom or understanding past themselves.
Gibran also wrote...
In the sweetness of friendship
let there be laughter and
sharing of pleasures.
for in the dew of little things the
heart finds it's morning and is
refreshed.

I might add that I constantly hear assholes using that "honor thy father and mother" qoute to justify their assery.
If I am not mistaken, along with that passage it states something like "fathers, bring not thy sons to rath".
In other words DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE.
Strange how nobody remembers that.

Great quote. Thanks USMCE4retired.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post