SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yet Another Parking Lot Rant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet Another Parking Lot Rant Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Not a busy time of day, so the parking lot in the strip mall was maybe 30% occupied. That's maybe 70% availability of empty parking places.

Stupid inconsiderate woman in a Chrysler mini-van is dead set on the one and only perfect parking place. Got to be as close to the store as possible, God forbid she should have to walk an extra 20 feet and maybe burn a couple of those excess calories.

OK, if you absolutely have to wait five minutes for the person in the slot that you want, to unload groceries from cart, put them into car, then return cart to its proper place -- if you absolutely have to wait for the one and only perfect parking place, OK, I really don't have a problem with that.

What really frosts my narrow ass is that you have to wait in the center of the driving aisle. You could move to the left. You could move to the right. Either of these would allow other traffic to get by.

Nope, you park your lazy ass in the exact geometric center of the lane, so that nobody can get by, while you wait for the perfect place.

I hope that you enjoyed my five minute concerto for Ford horn, you inconsiderate thoughtless cow.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Was she texting? The world has to stand still while somebody is texting.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This happens a lot at our local Costco. Drives me crazy. The lot is huge and fills up through out the day, but is it too much to ask to not block the main access lane so nobody can get around you? Apparently not.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasche:
Was she texting? The world has to stand still while somebody is texting.
Nope. She was just sitting there, waiting for another shopper to finish loading groceries into the car and vacate The Perfect Parking Place.

She was fully aware that there were other vehicles that wanted to get by, it was just a "fuck you" attitude on her part.

Not a kid, either. I would guess 50s or 60s. Had what appeared to be her granddaughter with her.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
This happens a lot at our local Costco. Drives me crazy. The lot is huge and fills up through out the day, but is it too much to ask to not block the main access lane so nobody can get around you? Apparently not.

Jim
The lot here was nowhere near full. The majority, maybe 70%, of the parking places were available. This cow insisted on blocking all traffic while waiting for The Perfect Place: a parking slot that would save her an additional 20 feet or so of walking. And she really needed the exercise. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I learned a long time ago to avoid any portion of the parking lot near the entrance to the building. I don't go down those aisles or even attempt to park there.

Straight to the rear open expanse and I hoof it into the store. It is not uncommon for me to be walking through the front doors while other cars that entered at the same time as I are still circling looking for a close space.

Then when I leave, I'm not fighting same circus trying to get out.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate parking lots - between the idiots that you mentioned (I now try to enter from the end of the row away from the store and just take the first spot) to the inconsiderate fuck sticks that drive THROUGH the rows doing 30... its like parking lots are some sort of thunderdome even though there are yellow lines painted everwhere.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I learned a long time ago to avoid any portion of the parking lot near the entrance to the building. I don't go down those aisles or even attempt to park there.

Straight to the rear open expanse and I hoof it into the store. It is not uncommon for me to be walking through the front doors while other cars that entered at the same time as I are still circling looking for a close space.

+1

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

I'm not there yet, but I can see it from my vantage point.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12392 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
traight to the rear open expanse and I hoof it into the store. It is not uncommon for me to be walking through the front doors while other cars that entered at the same time as I are still circling looking for a close space.

Yeah and your car might not get dinged in the process. I also go to the grocery store when it is raining, it is less crowded.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
All of the above. Yes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Earlier this Summer, my daughter, my grandson and his girlfriend and I were headed out on a motorcycle ride.

I had to drop off a prescription at the pharmacy in the local supermarket, so we swung in and all parked while I ran inside.

Came back out and started heading for the exit to Get Out On The Highway.

Some bimbo in a Beemer comes randomly across the spaces and cuts all three of us off.

My daughter is in the lead and issued a rather pithy assessment of the bimbo's skills, both driving and interpersonal.

Bear in mind, we're all wearing helmets and none of our motorcycles are particularly quiet. I heard Dear Daughter's comments quite clearly. The "C" word was involved. I almost dropped the bike, I was laughing so hard.

Even funnier, at our first subsequent pit stop, daughter was apologizing to the boy's girlfriend for her language. Girlfriend sez "What? She WAS a c...!" I spit GatorAid for 5 feet...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Earlier this Summer, my daughter, my grandson and his girlfriend and I were headed out on a motorcycle ride.

I had to drop off a prescription at the pharmacy in the local supermarket, so we swung in and all parked while I ran inside.

Came back out and started heading for the exit to Get Out On The Highway.

Some bimbo in a Beemer comes randomly across the spaces and cuts all three of us off.

My daughter is in the lead and issued a rather pithy assessment of the bimbo's skills, both driving and interpersonal.

Bear in mind, we're all wearing helmets and none of our motorcycles are particularly quiet. I heard Dear Daughter's comments quite clearly. The "C" word was involved. I almost dropped the bike, I was laughing so hard.

Even funnier, at our first subsequent pit stop, daughter was apologizing to the boy's girlfriend for her language. Girlfriend sez "What? She WAS a c...!" I spit GatorAid for 5 feet...

When your right your right. Call em as you see them.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Parking lot rants are always timely. I remember we had one not too long ago, but these idiots just keep up their antics.

Just this week, like I usually do, I park way out in the hinterlands of a huge parking lot. It gives me a little more exercise and hopefully puts my car away from idiots.

Not that day. Even though there were literally hundreds of empty spots, I get out to my car to find an idiot not only parked in the adjacent spot, but right up next to my car.

This kind of thing has to be deliberate.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is people driving the wrong way in an aisle looking at me like I'm nuts.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been to a fitness center lately? I see bimbo's parking right next to the entrance door so they don't have to walk far in order to hit the exercise machines to work off excess pounds.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parking lots are potential battlegrounds.
People fight to beat each other to a spot or people walk to their cars right down the middle of the aisle and will not let cars pass and like you said, they block the middle with their cars.

People get robbed in parking lots regularly.

I had a guy almost pinch me between his van and my vehicle deliberately, for why I never have known.
Had I not jumped from between them he would have.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Parking lots are potential battlegrounds

Very perceptive and quite accurate. I think it would be fun to drive something the size of a tank to clear the lot. Loud speakers and water cannon accessories would be wonderful.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I also use the entrance-exits to the far away parking rows to avoid the aimless drivers when I visit the retail stores. However, when I visit the Y, usually within 15 minutes of the same time every day, I find aimless drivers blocking the lane. The Y has only one drive in and out and the aimless plug the drive waiting for someone to leave from a spot close to the door. I find myself muttering, sometimes humorously, aren't we here to trim some weight, tone some muscles, get our heart rates up..., but a walk from the parking lot is a bad thing ????

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Costco sells bananas.

Remember Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop? The old banana up the tailpipe trick.

I can't link the video.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post