SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Made in China"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Made in China" Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
When I was a boy, the complaint was that everything was made in Japan.

Yeah, me too, but it was soon clear that the Japanese made a lot of better stuff than we did. Like stereo equipment, cameras, and then electronics overall. I still use a made in Japan TV (5 years old) and surround receiver (11 years old, but the new ones are mostly made in Taiwan or China, and they are pretty much equal to them, so it's no big deal.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If you want to see how good Chinese stuff can me when the companies they are making it for demand it, go to your local hobby shop and look at the higher end HO and N Scale model trains. They are really great now, and have so many digital features it's amazing. The Athearn Genesis line, along with the other high end models from other companies are very well done. Just compare the paint quality with stuff from the past, even the German stuff is sad compared to the models being made now.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"Chinese-state-owned automaker GAC claims to be on the precipice of entering the US market. GAC revealed three new vehicles under its Trumpchi brand this week at the Detroit Auto Show, all of which hit upon current US trends. . . . First off, yes, the brand is actually called Trumpchi, and it predates Donald Trump's rise to political prominence by many years."

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/0...se-gac-cars-us-sale/

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post