SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS My Choice. What's the Point?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS My Choice. What's the Point? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
What's the point of having a UPS "My Choice" account when your choices go ignored?

This is not the first time this has happened, so I'm really wondering why I have this My Choice account, and what the benefit is.

Last week I ordered an item that was too large to have BrownTruck leave on my doorstep, so I specified shipping it to my office. When the seller got around to shipping it, the scheduled delivery date was Friday. Good Friday. My office is closed on Good Friday.

One of the supposed capabilities of the My Choice account is to redirect delivery to another address. Fine. I'm going to be home on Good Friday, so why not just change the delivery address? I go online and do so. I confirm the change. Go about my merry way.

Yesterday, waiting at home, I receive a notification from UPS that delivery was attempted but no one was there to accept the package. Where did they try to deliver it? You guessed it: my office. Next scheduled delivery attempt is the "next work day." In my world, a work day is a weekday. No, UPS apparently believes the Saturday before Easter is a work day, and so another attempt was made.

Easter Sunday is not considered a work day by UPS, so the next delivery attempt will be made April 2. Thank God I'm going to be in the office on Monday, as after three failed attempts, most packages are returned to the sender. This, I do not want.

Most of the time UPS gets it right. But this stupid "My Choice" is just a freakin' disaster!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I predict they attempt to deliver at your home Monday!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not about “My Choice”, but a UPS rant nonetheless:

We have a new UPS driver here in Jerkwater. He’s been ignoring the sign I have at my side door, which is about six feet from a busy sidewalk. The sign asks delivery drivers to leave packages at the door on the other side of the house, a more secure location, inside my fenced front yard and not visible from the street. He’s ignored the sign twice now, but today I was able to catch him around the corner. When I asked him why he ignored the sign he said he didn’t see it. It was 3’ directly above the step he left the package on. No way to miss it unless you have your head completely up your ass. All his coworkers see it and comply. Hell, even fedex manages to do what I ask. This jackass copped an attitude instead of apologizing. I am pissed. I’m considering complaining to UPS.

I’ve had packages go missing in the past and that stopped once I got drivers to quit leaving them at this side door. This was a package with $125 worth of merchandise and not heavy or big. Easy pickings for package pirates.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Get you package?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post