SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hand Fruit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hand Fruit Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
For the uninitiated, “hand fruit” is a neo-yuppie/millennial term for fruit. Specifically, a whole piece of fruit vs. cut up or prepared some other way.

Hand fruit.

I first ran into this term in DC a year or two ago, but not too long ago, I heard one of the aforementioned millennial neo-yuppie mothers ask her stroller-bound progeny if it would like a “hand fruit” and it reminded me how much I hate that term.

I feel somewhat better having publicly condemned it.

Thanks for listening.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of like hair bun. Yuck.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna start making shit up too to bug millennials. I’m going to eat a hand hamburger for lunch. And then maybe a fork ribeye with spoon mashed potatoes for dinner.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Why? Why would someone call it that? Is it in case you get confused if they ask if you want some fruit, and hand you a slice of watermelon, pissing you off because you thought they were gonna give you the whole melon?

Would you like some fruit?

Oh no, I couldn't possibly eat the whole thing!

No, I meant a slice of fruit, for your hand.

Oh yes! I can do that! I can do hand-sized fruit!

Do they do it with other things too? Do they call steak "plate cow"?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
plate meat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Knuckle Sandwich

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Raw toast.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Why? Why would someone call it that? Is it in case you get confused if they ask if you want some fruit, and hand you a slice of watermelon, pissing you off because you thought they were gonna give you the whole melon?

"NO MOTHERFUCKER!!! I WANT SOME GODDAMN FOOT FRUIT!!!"

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Why not just ask "Do you want an apple?" or "Do you want a piece of watermelon?" Etc. why replace "apple" with two words ?

(I would have used banana as an example but can't remember if it has an extra N or not :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To these people Fruits normal state is chopped up in a plastic cup.

The type of people that think steaks come from the meat department.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Meat missile.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
Knuckle Sandwich

I believe this is what should be served to these idiots when they say shot like this

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hand smack.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Reminds me of the joke about a baboon that ate a cue ball...

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I can see it used as a term to differentiate a class of fruit, the context you described is a ridiculous perversion. I'd prefer to know what I'm actually being offered rather than an entire category.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll make some toe jam with that hand fruit?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
da fuq?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hand Fruit?

Aw great. Now that I know that, I'm dummer.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Just when you thought you had gotten over hand fruit... Mrs.BurtonRW was thumbing through a catalog and came across...

SPOON FRUIT.

They mean jam. They also sell preserves, which they call preserves. Their jams they call “spoon fruit”.

https://www.spoon.com/blueberry-spoon-fruit.html

What the hell is going on with fruit these days?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I work with my hands is that am I doing a hand job?

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post