SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Freedom Munitions Data Breach
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freedom Munitions Data Breach Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
I received an email from Freedom stating there online sales purchases had a credit card breach from 10/16 to 11/26. On 10/17 I purchased some 300 Win Mag. I was told to contact the 3 credit bureaus and have them put a fraud alert and or a security freeze on my credit files.
I contacted the Credit Card company that was used and had them cancel my cards and issue me new ones with a new account number.
No new charges were on my credit card, but now my information is out there. Probably already was anyway but I'm still pissed.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too got the warning from Kash CA Inc on behalf of Freedom Munitions despite not having made any purchases since Oct 2017. Card used back then has been replaced some time ago.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I got the email as well but haven't bought anything from them in a year or so. I hope your info hasn't been compromised rtquig.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. My personal information gets compromised at least twice times per year. As a result I get FREE membership in Experian for three years. The latest is a letter from the IRS asking me to confirm my identity as someone was trying to claim my refund. That took several hours to clean up. I wish they would catch and prosecute some of these pricks.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Freedom Munitions used to be a good source for less expensive ammunition. Over the past few years their prices have risen to match Federal and some other brands that have a good quality record. With their shipping rates they no longer have a reason to buy from them.
I guess the last straw now for me was that one of their vendors had to notify them they had a breach and they did not know up to that point.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the email as well but is has been at least 5 years since I ordered from them.

Their bankruptcy then price increases killed it for me.

Georgia Arms is another that I ordered a lot from in the past until they got too proud of their ammo.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the e-mail too. And I have never, ever ordered a thing from them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I received the email as well. My last transaction with them was over three years ago, so probably not a problem.

I use tagged email addresses everywhere, so, if they sell it to spammers I'll simply blacklist that email address and give Freedom Munitions a new one.

My name and address have already been stolen from databases so many times it really doesn't matter if it's stolen a dozen more, really.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would Freedom Munitions have enough information (that isn't already publicly available) about you for somebody to fraudulently obtain credit in your name ? Burn your cards, sure, but I think the risk of false accounts being opened in this kind of beach is zero.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy enough to put a freeze on your credit with the big 3. All done online, quick and painless. I did that when the Office of Personnel Management had their huge data breach a few years ago. Still get free credit monitoring from that incident. As long as you're not anticipating a credit check from a company you already don't have an account or do business with, no need to unfreeze them. And if you, no need to go back and re-freeze it as you can specify to refreeze after a set period of time.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
How would Freedom Munitions have enough information (that isn't already publicly available) about you for somebody to fraudulently obtain credit in your name ? Burn your cards, sure, but I think the risk of false accounts being opened in this kind of beach is zero.

I was more worried that the hacks that stole my card number and passcode would charge a lot on the card they hacked. They had my number for over a month before I was notified.

Living the Dream

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
We got the email too, but haven’t purchased in over a year. And we have Lifelock anyway. Hope nobody got burned on this. Hate hackers.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sorry to hear. My personal information gets compromised at least twice times per year. As a result I get FREE membership in Experian for three years. The latest is a letter from the IRS asking me to confirm my identity as someone was trying to claim my refund. That took several hours to clean up. I wish they would catch and prosecute some of these pricks.

You misspelled "execute" some of these pricks...

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have several calibers of pistol ammo in stock and a few rifle.

Feeling lucky?

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post