SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People asking me for a "deal" on ammo
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People asking me for a "deal" on ammo Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I'm still waiting for OP to offer me a deal on ammo. Radio silence so far, I can't understand why.
I must have missed the request. What do you need?
I guess I should have included the joking icon. I did not make any request, I was just being a smartass.

But thanks for asking, I appreciate that!

I was just playing along. Not that I wouldn't help you out if you were in dire need.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not!

A friend that was a new gun owner, I'd sell a couple hundred round nose and 50 SD rounds @ 50-60¢ a round, still a 'good' price, but less than what I could replace it for. If I knew they were destitute, I'd give it to them.

Luckily most people know not to ask me a stupid question like that.

I did give away a couple hundred rounds on a local FB group with the only stipulation being that they either could not find or afford the ammo.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 17786 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
honestlou

A friend asked me the other day when we were talking ammo. He was wondering what .50 cal rounds were selling for. I knew you had one.

Posts: 12648 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The only person that gets a deal (free) on ammo is my 22 y/o college aged son. I would help my dad if needed, as he was late to get in the game but able to acquire a good supply in the last year at reasonable prices. I had to tell him to stop buying as prices got really high as I have plenty to spare if he needed it. Anyone else is on their own and wouldn’t know I’m stacked deep.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
honestlou

A friend asked me the other day when we were talking ammo. He was wondering what .50 cal rounds were selling for. I knew you had one.

It's a hell of a thing... you can buy Lake City .50BMG - 4:1 linked in hundred round cans for 2.90/rd. That's less than the cheapest .380 Hornady Critical Defense I've been looking for.

Prices via ammoseek.com just now.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 2876 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Same issue here. Friends keep asking me to sell them ammo at old prices.

I say nope, what I have is for me, shame on you for not stocking up when it was cheap......

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 3883 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
honestlou

It's a hell of a thing... you can buy Lake City .50BMG - 4:1 linked in hundred round cans for 2.90/rd. That's less than the cheapest .380 Hornady Critical Defense I've been looking for.

Prices via ammoseek.com just now.

Yep, and I can’t think of another caliber that is at pre-panic prices. I noticed that .50 is on the the list of items targeting for banning. I might have to buy some more just because I can.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Luckily I don’t have these kinds of requests but if I did, the answer would invariably be “sorry, I don’t have enough to sell any”. No matter how much you have it will always be true. I will give up a box of 50 rounds here and there for the truly needy though.

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden

Posts: 12417 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Similar thoughts come to mind when a friend told me he’s down to one week of firewood left. He normally goes to FL for a few months.

Now I like cutting firewood, for myself anyway. I already cut enough for others. My 2+ year wood supply didn’t just happen by accident.

The price of firewood mid-Winter isn’t the same as early Summer.

Posts: 4596 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post