SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gas prices at my favorite station jumped nearly $.35...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas prices at my favorite station jumped nearly $.35... Login/Join 
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
PASig-
We've been $3.09 for regular since Saturday in this area.

As for the flooding if the corn crop, we could live with no ethanol in our gas.

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Gas is more expensive than diesel now for my area, so there's that

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
This may be part of it.

link - NYMEX crude oil price graph

Higher oil prices work to increase gasoline pricing with very little lag. Crude drops take awhile to decrease gasoline retail prices because price drops rely on the dynamics of competition among gasoline retailers.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RUG in Tucson is $2.80. 91 octane is around $3.12. The BMW R1200R uses 91 octane, but gives me 51MPG. About same fuel mileage of the 2015 VW TDI I sold back to VW.

D2 (Diesel) is now about 20 cents a gallon more than RUG in Tucson.

Of course, the "experts" tell us nobody wants a Diesel powered car.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I get 91 octane so I don’t know how much regular gas costs but the premium went up from $.3.85 to $4.19. Did we lose a bunch of refineries?

Just filled up with premium at Costco the other day and paid $3.85

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Do you like Costco gas compared to name brands? Cuz I've never tried it but have a hook-up at my local store, if I were to go.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I started using it on the recommendation of both my Porsche and Mercedes mechanics.

I've been happy with the way my cars have been running on it...haven't noticed a difference in performance...and I'm usually saving $.30-.40 per gallon (comparing Premium)

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Costco on Sunday was $2.67. Everywhere else is around $2.77.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Do you like Costco gas compared to name brands? Cuz I've never tried it but have a hook-up at my local store, if I were to go.

I have a 3.5l ecoboost in a 2018 expedition. I only put Shell or Costco 87 octane in it. It seems to run slightly better on the Costco. But who knows.

Costco is far from me and shell is right around the corner so I put Shell into it 90% of the time. Unless I'm making a trip to Costco and my gas is under half, then I fill it there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I try to fill up at Sam's Club when I can. They carry 87 and 93 with a 35 cent differential between the two. Most places have 87, 89, and 93. With a 30 cent differential between each grade, or 60 cents between 87 and 93. My car requires 93 (yes, it really does), so I save a good bit. Coupled with Sam's price on 87 is currently 25 cents lower than anywhere else and I get 5% back on my Sam's Club MasterCard.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
I started using it on the recommendation of both my Porsche and Mercedes mechanics.

I've been happy with the way my cars have been running on it...haven't noticed a difference in performance...and I'm usually saving $.30-.40 per gallon (comparing Premium)
Costco in US, Canada, and Mexico use premium additives at the correct concentration which have qualified them for Top Tier. It's one of the differentiators from Sam's Club who isn't Top Tier.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
Here in central NH, gas is around $2.60. I remember paying nearly five bucks a gallon a few years back. I am not complaining one bit.

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Racetrac and QT are the only stations locally that have additional processes to remove any water from the fuel before it leaves the distribution plant.

Mine runs on 93 Octane and I get about 11.8 MPG. Can't say that I ever worried about fuel prices before, but if they get to $5 a gallon I may reconsider.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the unrest in Venezuela (they were one of our top 4 supplier for many years until recently), I'm wondering if this isn't an attempt to prep us for the upcoming war in Iran that will take their production offline.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And I thought $2.70 for regular here in Orlando was bad. This is a great reason why I'm trying to keep my 2003 Civic running for as long as it can. It's paid off, it's cheap to insure and it still gets great mileage.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
$2.59 at Costco today. Using the Costco citibank credit card, there's a 4% rebate, so that makes it $2.49 after the rebate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Racetrac and QT are the only stations locally that have additional processes to remove any water from the fuel before it leaves the distribution plant.
Wait what? Combined they own zero point zero distribution terminals. How do they have a "process" at someone else's distribution terminal that not even the owner of the distribution terminal has?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post