SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Of Course my Phone Dies Now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Of Course my Phone Dies Now Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
Right before a holiday and a block of 12 hour shifts. Stuck in some bootloop, or just a blank screen. Sure it's old, but it was still doing what I needed, which is not costing me money to replace it, money I don't really have. Car insurance is due, just dropped nearly $700 for tests and xrays on my cat, hours have been cut because that pederast-looking, fartknocker Jay Inslee takes his marching orders from the other slimy sex offender Gavin Newsome.

Basically, it's a bad time to have to buy a new phone. At least I still have my tablet, so I can bitch about this bullshit while at work.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Right before a holiday and a block of 12 hour shifts. Stuck in some bootloop, or just a blank screen. Sure it's old, but it was still doing what I needed, which is not costing me money to replace it, money I don't really have. Car insurance is due, just dropped nearly $700 for tests and xrays on my cat, hours have been cut because that pederast-looking, fartknocker Jay Inslee takes his marching orders from the other slimy sex offender Gavin Newsome.

Basically, it's a bad time to have to buy a new phone. At least I still have my tablet, so I can bitch about this bullshit while at work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well maybe you will get in a bad accident and collect a big settlement down the road.

Just kidding. There should be some decent deals now on phones and some pay by the month arrangement.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Just grab a "Pay-as-you-go" phone cheap until you are ready to spend mo duckets.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Just kidding. There should be some decent deals now on phones and some pay by the month arrangement.

Especially if you change phone companies. Lots of companies frequently run "Switch to us and sign a 24 month contract and we'll give you an iPhone Eleventy XP for free" kind of deals.

Might even work out to be cheaper than what you're currently paying for monthly service, since plans are usually cheaper for new vs. existing customers too.

As long as you're in an area where each of the services all have equivalent coverage, and you pay attention to the fine print of the plans to ensure you're making apples-to-apples price comparisons, hopping providers every few years can potentially be a good tactic.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just grab a "Pay-as-you-go" phone cheap

prior to purchasing , confirm in advance that the cell service is available ,in your area.

I did not , and had to purchase another cell phone

Instead of paying $45.00 , I spent $150 .00 , total.

Target , Wal Mart and K Mart can not tell you how much cell service is available , where.

Has to be a cell service phone store, T mobile,At&t , etc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^ The one I posted is on the Verizon network. Most of these companies will have a service area map on their website

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
ASG, are you an iThing guy or an Android guy?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Android, it was a Galaxy S7.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
iPhone is selling the SE model for 400 bucks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, I've a 3+ year old Moto G that's in like-new condition to which you're welcome if you can use it. It was on T-Mobile, but it's unlocked, so it should work with any GSM carrier.

Assuming, that is, that it still holds a charge and I can successfully factory-reset it.

At this point I wouldn't be able to get it out to you until probably Saturday. And, with USPS being the way it is, Lord knows when you'd get it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I've a 3+ year old Moto G that's in like-new condition to which you're welcome if you can use it. It was on T-Mobile, but it's unlocked, so it should work with any GSM carrier.

Assuming, that is, that it still holds a charge and I can successfully factory-reset it.

At this point I wouldn't be able to get it out to you until probably Saturday. And, with USPS being the way it is, Lord knows when you'd get it.

Thanks, but I probably wont need it. I'll head to the Verizon Saturday before work and get it all sussed out. I've been needing a new phone, though this one worked, it was getting clunky, not holding a charge. It's been probably 5 years I've had it. Just wish it didn't decide to shit the bed right this minute.

quote:

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you have home internet service through Comcast or Spectrum, you can get their phone service really cheap!

We have Spectrum home internet, so we are eligible for their phone service at the preferred price. Unlimited talk and text comes with either of their plans. 1 GB data makes it $14.00 / month, with another $14.00 for each additional GB or fraction thereof. This service uses the Verizon network. Their other plan has unlimited data and is $45.00 / month. These prices INCLUDE all taxes and junk fees, so the quoted price is what you actually pay.

We (wife and I) have been on this for over a year and are totally satisfied.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I don't need, or want, a new plan, just a phone.

quote:

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As a stop-gap, pick up a cheap Tracfone and a 60-day card, around $50 out the door. It will tide you over unless you walk around with it glued to your ear and gabbing. You could keep it as a backup when you eventually get your new "gooder" phone, but the time (not the minutes, which roll over) will run out on your card. For that matter, if you don't use a lot of minutes or data, Tracfone has a large variety of phones online and might be a better deal for you than your current plan.

I personally consider a cell phone to be emergency equipment, not to be done without. ("Emergency" doesn't necessarily mean "call 911," it can mean more mundane things like telling the boss I'll be late because of a traffic jam.)

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
All fine suggestions, but none helpful. My phone bricked itself as I was climbing into bed the night before a 14 hour shift, yesterday, and today I have a 12 and nothing is open obviously. Tomorrow I'll have time to go get a new one, before another 12 hour shift, this one overnight. I was more lamenting the absolute shit timing of the phone crapping out. Couldn't have done it the day before, or Hell, even 5 hours earlier. It did it literally as I was about to put it on the charger and go to sleep. It was a sitcom level of timing.

quote:

Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
Better call ahead in case it's "by appointment only". Roll Eyes you never know these days

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anyway that your employer would get one for you to use?

You've been there a while now,
Would it be worth asking ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I've got an S7 i can send you. I'll do a factory reset and mail it to you. It is a CDMA phone and was on verizon, as long as you are not on a gsm network you can just insert a SIM card. Verizon activation is automatic.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't need a super duper smart phone with bells and whistles..

I bought a Tracfone from Wallymart for under $60 and I buy prepay minutes cards. I get triple minutes for what card I buy - 200 minute card gets me 600 minutes for 90 days. On AT&T system.

I've had the phone (LG) for 10 years.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post