SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Of Course my Phone Dies Now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Of Course my Phone Dies Now Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I've got an S7 i can send you. I'll do a factory reset and mail it to you. It is a CDMA phone and was on verizon, as long as you are not on a gsm network you can just insert a SIM card. Verizon activation is automatic.

Might take you up on that. Turns out my dad had a J7 sitting in a box, he bought it, didn't like it, and so there it sat until he dug it out last night. So I'm gonna use that for now. What's all this about CDMA and GSM?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Verizon is CDMA, AT&T is gsm.

Google cdma vs gsm and the return will list the networks that use that particular type network.

Its yours if you want it. Just let me know if the email in your profile is how you want me to email you. I'll get your info and send it.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

What's all this about CDMA and GSM?
Two different transmission technologies.

Sprint and Verizon use CDMA.

AT&T and T-Mobile, along with most of the rest of the world (Europe, etc.), use GSM.

Many, but not all, newer phones are compatible with both CDMA and GSM.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Verizon is CDMA, AT&T is gsm.

Google cdma vs gsm and the return will list the networks that use that particular type network.

Its yours if you want it. Just let me know if the email in your profile is how you want me to email you. I'll get your info and send it.

Yeah, I'm on Verizon so that shouldn't be a problem. The email in my profile is the one to use to get at me.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post