SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun Safe Shopping - lack of customer service
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Safe Shopping - lack of customer service Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Unbelievable! Mad

When he told you his manager was gone, I'd have asked for the store manager or next in line, as there had to be someone there with more brains than the idiot you was talking too! A store that large has to have someone with functioning brain cells. If they refuse to get someone, move to another employee and ask the same question or go see someone at customer service.
Ask for the MOD . Manager On Duty . Somebody is in charge !

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Finally bought one today from Bass Pro. Still unbelievable in their incompetence and customer service. I actually found it last night searching their inventory on their website. Something they were incapable of doing when I was in the store yesterday.

Called this morning to verify they actually had it since it was not on the sales floor. I was assured that they had 2 in stock. Asked if I could buy one over the phone and have my safe movers pick it up or if I needed to be there in person to purchase.

"You'll have to call back and ask for customer service if you want to buy it over the phone, I don't know how to transfer calls."

Really?

At this point, I decided this level of incompetence deserved a visit in person. Ordinarily I would've said piss on it and moved on to a different retailer. But this was the only thing close to the size and price in Anchorage.

Drove down and they're short staffed, ringning up retail sales at the customer service desk with lines going down the aisles since there are no cashiers. Waited at the opposite end of the desk and one of the customer service clerks asked if I was in line for a hunting or fishing license. I said no, I'd been trying to buy a gun safe for 2 days.

"Oh you need Miss Debi, I'll send her over."

Miss Debi comes over and she's a five foot nothin' grandma full of piss and vinegar. She asks why I'm there and I explain that I've been trying to buy a gun safe for 2 days.

"Those lazy bastards!"

She goes to work pulls up the safe on her computer and is on the phone trying to reach the gun counter. No one answers, she pages them overhead. The same old man who claimed he couldn't check inventory yesterday comes up to the counter. She hands him a post it note with the stock number on it and instructs him to go in the back, "Lay eyes" on it and put a hold ticket with my name on it. He responds to complete the sale and he'll go put the sales receipt on it. Miss Debi absolutely explodes,

"I do not plan on having a conversation with this gentleman again because you are too lazy to do your job! You will go back to the stockroom! You will lay eyes on it! You will put a hold tag on it with this gentleman's name! You will come back up here, tell me that you have done all of that and then I will process the sale!"

They had it, sale's complete and will be picked up and delivered by my movers on Friday.

I need to write a letter to management praising Miss Debi and berating their gun counter staff.

Off topic but how's the ammo situation in ANC? we will be there in late October for 2 weeks due to the ferry schedule and I'm looking to stock up.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:
Off topic but how's the ammo situation in ANC? we will be there in late October for 2 weeks due to the ferry schedule and I'm looking to stock up.

Unless you're looking for oddball cartridges, there's very little to be had.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post