SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gatorade Cucumber Lime - Why?????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gatorade Cucumber Lime - Why????? Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday on a quick run to the store I grabbed a couple of bottles of Gatorade....I don't drink a ton of this stuff and I used buy based on color, red/fruit punch and green/lemon-lime.

Imagine my shock and horror when I got home, filled a glass with ice and then with, what I believed to be lemon/lime gatorade and proceeded to take a big gulp.

I thought I was drinking dirty bong water mixed with sweat. I dont know who the genius that decided that cucumber-lime was a good idea but they need to be slapped.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
That sounds nasty thanks for the warning

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now you know why dogs lick their butts.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Just wait until it gets to room temperature. Then it's really horrendous.

One time on a fishing trip we made the mistake of allowing the female side to purchase soft drinks for the ice chests. Once we were 40 miles offshore we discovered that all we had for non-alcohol drinking was TAB...

I cannot describe how hideous that demon's brew tastes... Even rum, bourbon, gin or vodka cannot improve it.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
V8 came out with some green stuff a year or so ago that was supposed to be even better for you... I took one taste and realized I was better off dead than drinking that stuff.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cucumber-mint-lime water tastes good on a hot day.

But I dislike most Gatorade flavors, so it doesn't surprise me that their fake cucumber lime flavoring is nasty.

Gatorade and other sports drinks are overhyped and overused anyway. Most folks (even those who work out regularly and are moderately-to-heavily active) aren't pushing their bodies to the point where that level of electrolyte replacement is helpful or needed. You can usually regain what you need through normal healthy eating plus drinking sufficient quantities of water, and there are better options for electrolyte replacement for those who do need it. So all chugging a bottle of Gatorade accomplishes for most folks is ingesting unnecessary calories and a bunch of extra salt and sugar, and lining the pockets of the soda companies.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Put some gin in it.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'm laughing because I absolutely love the flavor.

Have three quarts in the fridge waiting for me to do the backyard. Yum yum yum

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Put some gin in it.

Years ago we mixed vodka and green Gatorade. Hoppin' Gator was it's name... and it was.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I just tried some the other day, kinda of a peppery after taste...not my thing.
I really like the just Lime, no lemon. But they have to play musical flavors...
Tried the White Cherry (it's the white one), that was pretty damn good though.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Citrus Cooler was my favorite but they have almost discontinued it. I need a G2 version! I was just looking and I had long forgotten about Gatorade coming in glass bottles with the metal pop tops.

Judging by the store shelves the Powerade sugar free versions are kicking the G2 versions arse. I guess they are trying to compete any way they can on the sugared ones.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My Daughter has requested this flavor many times for her road trips.

We have two bottles in our refrig right now.

I just cannot get my mind around that combo. I have never tried it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last summer I was out in the field with a couple of Techs and got thirsty as hell . One of the guys offered me one . I was sick of drinking water so I gave it a try . Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be . Not my first choice of flavors but when you're bone dry and hot as hell , it'll do .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its got what plants crave.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure 95%+ of all the people who have ever tasted cucumber Gatorade did it by mistake.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'm pretty sure 95%+ of all the people who have ever tasted cucumber Gatorade did it by mistake.

Ha! For sure. I grabbed it by accident back in 2014 down in Tampa on a case. It's labeled Limon Pepino, how the heck do I know its cucumber? Funny thing is, I liked the flavor, I love cucumber. Came back to PA and figured it was just a local flavor in Florida.....about 6 months later I saw it in a local convenience store and started drinking it again. I probably grab one half of the time I get a Gatorade.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'm laughing because I absolutely love the flavor.

Have three quarts in the fridge waiting for me to do the backyard. Yum yum yum

I like that cucumber/lime. It is less cloying than the totally fake flavors like "Ice Blast" in that electric blue color.

I realize it may not be any less fake, but it tastes less fake.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I think you meant cu---ber/lime.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
They got all these new-fangled whackadoodle flavors now but but the chance of finding good old red fruit punch flavor in a convenience store is about as good as finding a NIB 2.5" Python at a pawn shop.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post