SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    ARG!!!! The Hydrostat Drive Failed On My Cub Cadet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARG!!!! The Hydrostat Drive Failed On My Cub Cadet Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I bought a Cub Cadet once.... at about the three or four year mark the block cracked because all of the bolts backed out.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydraulic drives need oil. This means if you run the engine/pump slow you may be starving the hydraulic motor (transaxle) of the viral fluid it needs. This leads to mechanical damage.

I don’t know your situation or habits, but hydraulic systems should be run at a pretty good engine speed. Excess pressure and fluid is dumped back to the reservoir, as designed.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd sell the new one the very day they deliver it to your house.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Crap!! I just bought a 24 horse Koehler 50” tractor this summer. Less than 10 hrs.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Crap!! I just bought a 24 horse Koehler 50” tractor this summer. Less than 10 hrs.

You should have bought a Bolens. Here is a nice diesel:

https://cleveland.craigslist.o...rden/6337969504.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I'd sell the new one the very day they deliver it to your house.

Rather than that why not have them apply the full value toward a better one in the 2000 series line? I know more money but it'll save you money in the long run plus it'll be a nicer mower all around.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I tried to get him to buy a little Ford(Mitsubishi) tractor with turf tires and a belly mower off the PTO that was for sale.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
After investigating the transaxle defect, Cub is delivering a new XT1 46 today.

They apologized and said that the drive was defective and should not have failed. The casting had a crack in it and it fractured.

They could have just replaced the drive, but chose to replace the mower.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I imagine that new XT1 still has the much-maligned K46 by Tuff Torq. My 6-year old Deere L130 has one too.

You can change to synthetic on those and it makes a big difference, I'm told.

I'm going to buy a spare complete unit and then rebuild the original with syn and the TT parts kits.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The new mower has been working well.

This one does not growl when you go from forward to reverse or climb a hill like the other one did. The transaxle seems to run faster than the other one did.

It starts easily as the other one that had the Kohler engine.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post