SIGforum
Facebook Smartphone App Update

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7290030034

September 07, 2017, 09:45 AM
PASig
Facebook Smartphone App Update
Any forum FB users see this new update they made where every reply in a post looks like a text bubble with tiny font? What the crap?

It's hard to read and not a great update at all to me!

From Tech Cruch, supposedly for "readability", I find it just the opposite:

September 07, 2017, 11:30 AM
SBrooks
I don't see any difference in font between old and new.

------------------
SBrooks
September 07, 2017, 11:33 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I don't see any difference in font between old and new.

That pic makes it seem like it's the same but on my phone it's gone from like a 10 point to a 5 point font.

September 08, 2017, 01:36 PM
sreding
huh - still looks like the 'old' version on my phone. I'm on a galaxy s7 edge - version 139.0.0.26.93

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters
September 08, 2017, 05:15 PM
Valpo Fz
I had breakfast at Facebook yesterday.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS
September 11, 2017, 10:29 AM
vulrath
I refuse to use the Facebook app. I can do without the "enhanced functionality" that it offers. Hell, I can even get to my messages on mobile because I bookmarked an old conversation. All I have to do is pull that up, "request desktop site," and I'm in.

Now they have me inundated with trying to get me to let them put a Facebook widget on my desktop. "Get alerts even when your browser isn't open." I am nowhere NEAR that important, and I'm not going to open my computers to that kind of stuff. I'll shut down my Facebook before that happens (seriously, I have a few airsoft tech groups I'm a part of, and some family and friends on there; I have everyone's phone numbers so it's not like I can't go straight to texting).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."
September 12, 2017, 06:35 PM
PakRatJR
Just thought I would add in on this also.

I am on android and about a hour ago I started getting the same thing. It is actually cutting off several words from each comment now.

Has their been anything found on this or on how to get rid of them?

September 12, 2017, 08:07 PM
Black92LX
Not a fan of the new format myself.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!