SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My favorite boots are no longer made.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My favorite boots are no longer made. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Actually, they quit making them a couple years back. I had one pair that needed replaced and I was lucky enough to stumble on two pair in my size on clearance at that time.

The last pair is now done...

Lowa Ronin boots and the replacement Renegade just doesn’t feel the same.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I used to buy Lowa boots. The first pair I ever bought, cost me about $200 ! But the boots, coupled with wearing wool socks saved my feet and kept them warm and dry during one winter working construction work . A local small outdoor shop equippted me with them, sound advice.

Later, I purchased other Lowa boots, but it seemed their quality had gone down from the first pair I purchased in 2003.

One secret, actually two, keep them clean and apply waterprofing.

I've forgotten, but I think I had the Renegades...I was pleased with mine.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The soles are worn through, the leather is still good. I tend to scuff my feet a lot unfortunately.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody local to resole them?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in getting boots resoled check out Rocky Mountain Resole, in Salida, CO. I used them on a couple of pairs of Asolos with molded soles and they did a great job.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I have had a few pair of Vasque Sundowners that were made in Italy. The current production of them do not fit anywhere near the same.
I saw an ad for the Jim Green Razorback boots made in South Africa. The style reminded me of the old Sundowners so I ordered a pair of the Razorbacks about 2 weeks ago. I am impressed! decent leather and materials. I did put in new insoles which really helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVMVZ-IZJG8

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy in fours,
When I find a thing that works.

Shoes, boots, gloves, anything that I can wear out.

Anything I can use up.
For this very reason.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
You might get lucky on eBay or a google search.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite __ anything __ ... now discontinued.

Happens all the time in my world.
Or they change it a little, which makes the item suck!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
My favorite __ anything __ ... now discontinued.

Happens all the time in my world.
Or they change it a little, which makes the item suck!

I joke with my wife that pretty much any thing I like will be discontinued. Food, clothes, shoes it doesn't matter. The worse is a pair slip on boots I bought at Eddie Bauer. Tough, comfortable and wore like iron. Iron rusts and the boots were retired. No replacement, nothing even close despite searching hundreds of boots.

In June I had an inkling that New Balance was discontinuing my favorite walking/running shoe. I bought 5 pairs, every one that Zappos had in stock. I wear them out in about 9 months so I am set for now.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Why when you find something you truly like; clothes,
footwesar,tools, etc...ALWAYS buy a spare.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I do usually up in 2s for this reason.

I had bought 1 pair and found 2 more on close out and bought them. Now, the last pair is shot.

However I found a pair of Zamberlan 996 Vioz that fit well so I shall see.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I do usually up in 2s for this reason.

I had bought 1 pair and found 2 more on close out and bought them. Now, the last pair is shot.

However I found a pair of Zamberlan 996 Vioz that fit well so I shall see.