SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bit of a water disaster.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bit of a water disaster. Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Out of the house for five hours yesterday. The hot water line on a Price-Pfister faucet blew out while we were gone. The actual line permanently attached to the faucet set, not the feed line.

Came home to a flooded bathroom, master bedroom, foyer and kitchen. Hot water does a shit-load of damage! Humidity was close to 100% in the bedroom with fog in the air.

Called the insurance carrier and they called Service Master to come help clean up. Service Master lady (local) called me and said she was gathering her crew and would call when they were on their way. Two hours - no call. Called her back and she acted like she never heard of me. Took all the information again and said she would get back to me. Nothing.

Sunday morning: Insurance appraisal service called to tell me that they would be out Monday. Told her about SM. She said call whomever you want. The insurer does not have a contract with any remediation services.

Called SM again. Answering service. Took my info and said she would get them in touch. Three hours later - nada. Called SERVPRO. They're on their way here now.

Fuck you Service Master!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That sucks. BTDT. In my case I was lucky or unlucky enough depending on how you look at it that I was not living there at the time. Instead of five hours it was month. Agent didn't make it past foyer, just said replace everything, not even going to try to save anything. I had mold on top of five foot tall dresser. It was horrible.

Luckily I was just renting, had to sue to get mold remediated (another long story). In the end I got all new stuff for $500 deductible so it worked out fine for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yes, mold is my biggest worry. Less than 24 hours and the carpet is beginning to stink. I sucked all the water I could get out of the carpet with the shop vac. Still wet. Moved everything the wife and I can handle and circulating air like a hurricane.

Hope for pro help soon.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I are just getting things fixed after our toilet line burst. Flooded upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. The insurance adjuster definitely tried to low ball us on the repairs. Be prepared for some negotiations with the insurance company.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Service Master should change its name, they have no service evidently and are not masters of it either.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I gave up on SM and Called SERVPRO. They had two guys here in less than 2 hours after I called on a SUNDAY. Three and a half hours later, all the carpet, the kitchen and landing laminate, and the damaged baseboard were gone.

They isolated the whole area and have twelve high velocity fans and two dehumidifiers running and estimate three days of this will get it done.

Allow me to once again say: FUCK YOU SERVICE MASTER!

RMD

posted Hide Post
I was just getting ready to bitch about my garbage disposal seizing up and the
landlord not getting to it for 3 weeks,

I am going to go ahead and hold off on my situation bitch

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested in hearing an update of your flooding issue. Living in a hurricane zone, I have plenty of experience in dealing with insurance negotiations. In my experience much of it depends on the relationship you develop with your adjuster. Some are very easy to deal with, others not so much.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
WATER issues...mine is the other end though....NO water. Well/Pump issue.

Waiting to see how this turns out.

Thankfully the pump guy is a known entity and competent. But even the control box for the pump is expensive, much less a new pump.

Then drag up old pump, install new, put it all down the hole again, hope it works, etc.

Currently doing a redo of all the flashing around my chimney. Due to it being poorly installed many years back.

When it rains it pours. Still....I do NOT envy the OP with his situation.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had water supply line to toilet fail in a lower level duplex I rent. Serve pro was there in 4 hours with a crew of 4. Pull off all affected baseboards and drilled holes in drywall . Vacuumed water and had heaters, fans, and dehumidifiers running by 10pm. The area affected was under 10% moisture in 3 days. Gave the renter a $200 discount for electric consumption and general inconvenience. This was on a concrete floor walkout design. Insurance adjuster was prompt and no issues.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post