SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not a good day at the golf course.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a good day at the golf course. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

In 10 minutes, I can see their boobs, have their phone number, and have them talking to my wife.

And hit my next shot.

You guys are doing it wrong.

We aren't slick like you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Played a tournament Monday. Took 6 1/2 hours to play 18. Since it was a scramble, teams started on all 18 at the same time. One slow group will hold everyone up. Oh and it was 108 degrees. Maybe the Yeager and Fireball girls that all seemed to be wearing their little sisters clothes had something to do with the slow play. Or maybe the Yeager and Fireball and free beer had some effect. I lost 3 sleeves of balls, drank over a gallon of water, spent 100 bucks on raffle tickets, and hit two houses that had to be over 10,000 sq ft. All and all, better than being at work. The slow play and heat sucked though.

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jack32586:
Played a tournament Monday. Took 6 1/2 hours to play 18. Since it was a scramble, teams started on all 18 at the same time. One slow group will hold everyone up. Oh and it was 108 degrees. Maybe the Yeager and Fireball girls that all seemed to be wearing their little sisters clothes had something to do with the slow play. Or maybe the Yeager and Fireball and free beer had some effect. I lost 3 sleeves of balls, drank over a gallon of water, spent 100 bucks on raffle tickets, and hit two houses that had to be over 10,000 sq ft. All and all, better than being at work. The slow play and heat sucked though.

haha, sounds like the standard charity tournament!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Played in one four years ago.

True charity tournament. Plaque was the prize. Only cash was closest to the pin and longest drive. Proceeds went to scholarships for inner city youth. Won a nice little cooler for a door prize, and the best catered meals I've ever eaten. Team was put together, I entered as a single. Only three of us so we alternated extra shots.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is it gauche to ask permission to play through , these days?

You shouldn't have to ask.

This.

Not that hard to pay attention when playing. If there are folks waiting behind you, and you're not waiting for people yourself, then you are the bottleneck, and should pause at the next tee and wave the people behind you ahead.

I was spoiled growing up in the section of the country that was reputed to have - at the time - the most golf holes per capita. Land wasn't expensive so courses had wide fairways (fewer lost balls), and with lots of courses and not many people it was not crowded, so I never got used to standing around overthinking the next shot, waiting for the folks ahead.

Those were simpler times, though. Instead of having to wait for golf balls to be made from chemicals refined from petrochemicals from underground dinosaur repositories, we just clipped spherical chunks out of the dinosaurs passing by and made that work.

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping between now and when I retire in 2050 the number of golfers will have declined and I won't have to worry about crowded courses!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post