SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not a good day at the golf course.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a good day at the golf course. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
Started out, long line at the first tee. 30 minutes late getting started. At least one unbearably slow group ahead. What usually takes around 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hrs was looking to be at least 5 hrs.

I was thinking of quitting after 9 holes and trying another day since I was getting no enjoyment, even though I was hitting the ball rather well. Clincher was when some low life, shit eating, cock sucking SOB banged his tee shot off our cart as I was getting ready to hit my second shot. Luckily, the ball didn't hit me. Although it came close. I was considering taking the ball down a few yd.s in front of where my second shot wound up and throwing it in the pond. But I had a moment of clarity and left it there.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Rat farts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Rat farts!

Double turds.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Could've just stepped on his ball to ensure the gale force winds didn't push it back towards the tee. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly embedded a golf ball once. After they hit into our group for the fourth time.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Few things anger me on the golf course. Slow play and being hit into are about it.

I found over the years that if I have to wait to tee off, my game really suffers which ticks me off even more. So, if the group won't let me play through, I'll just bail. It's not worth the aggravation.

As far as those hitting into me, I've been known to make those balls disappear more often than not.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
Update: Talking to the guy I was playing with. He stayed. Over 5 hrs and 45 minutes round. Lots of disgusted people behind him.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Few things anger me on the golf course. Slow play and being hit into are about it.

I found over the years that if I have to wait to tee off, my game really suffers which ticks me off even more. So, if the group won't let me play through, I'll just bail. It's not worth the aggravation.

As far as those hitting into me, I've been known to make those balls disappear more often than not.

I have found if I can get a rhythm going, I can play well, at least satisfying to me.You can't get a rhythm going standing waiting 10 minutes or more to make a shot.

I played yesterday at another course and shot 85. A little better than bogey golf. There was a man apparently giving lessons on the course. He allowed everyone to play through.

Today, ninth hole, I crushed a drive, par 5 , second shot is to a pond. Hit one of the best iron shots I've hit for a while, about 10 yds or less to the water. This is when we were hit into.
Get to my ball for the third shot, raised green about 30 feet or so, 110 yds to the pin. Going to take my shot, still fuming over getting hit into, I scull the ball into the water.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I've been known to get out a 3 iron and hit it back at them...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
I thoroughly embedded a golf ball once. After they hit into our group for the fourth time.

Why not pick it up and pocket it? Free ball and they're taught a lesson.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am fine until I get to the windmill.
Mad
Every damned time!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I despise slow golf, and can't stand it when the ranger can't/won't kick the slow group in the ass. I really hate asshats that hit into you, and the 2nd time their ball goes in the water hazard or the woods in a very obvious manner.

I used to be a twice a week golfer, but living in SoCal for 3 years cured me of that. Per capita, the number of golf courses was obscenely low (directly proportional to the ridiculous price of real estate). To make matters worse, the locals didn't play ready golf and it was easily 10 minutes between swings so no chance of getting a rhythm going. The breaking point was a noon tee time on Good Friday and walking off the course at nearly 7 PM.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Slooooo you say...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Slow play is incredibly frustrating. Four and half hours is about all I can stand.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
During the US Open there was an ad for 9-hole golf. First time that I have seen that.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
During the US Open there was an ad for 9-hole golf. First time that I have seen that.
There was a little 9-hole par 3 course near us. I can't play worth a shit, I think I broke 40 once on that par 27 course, but I enjoyed getting out, walking the course, etc. I used to go a couple times a month, either with my wife or with Martin-who-works-with-me.

We were all very disappointed when the course closed a couple of years ago. I kind of miss seeing the wild life: the baby alligator that lived in the little pond just to the right of the first tee, all the snakes that lived in the rough area where my ball frequently wound up, the hawks that hunted the chipmunks, and the geese that would stop by and leave calling cards all over the place. There were usually a few Sand Hill Cranes marching around, too. I think I enjoyed watching the animal life even more than my feeble attempts at playing the game.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I don't mind waiting a little bit, but that's insane. Where was the ranger?

I stopped playing as much, in part, because of the lack of general etiquette. I'm positively mediocre, and not a stickler for the rules, but if anything else I want to have fun, take care of the course, and follow basic etiquette so I'm not messing with other folks' rounds.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons (the main one being that I suck...) that I don't play any more. I approach the game as recreation, not a race.

Last round I played was at NAS Pensacola. 3rd or 4th hole was right across the street from my quarters. By the time I got to that hole, I was so pissed at the "pros" behind me that I walked from that hole directly to my quarters and never set foot on a course again.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Slooooo you say...

Obvious photoshop, her feet aren't long enough.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post