Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Login/Join 
posted
It's the devil, really it is.

Nothing like watching someone suffer from it and deteriorating right in front of your eyes and there's not a single thing you can do about it.

Fuck you cancer !!

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Agreed. The medical and scientific communities have made some remarkable progress yet there is still a lot more to do. Unfortunately, many cancers are not found early enough to cure.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I hear you.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Striperkid...I watched and lived it as it took my best friend and wife of 46 years as well as almost taking her sister (my next best friend who I talk to each and every night)...God damn this scourge...God damn it to hell...it's part of the fall Frown...you and yours affected by this are in my thoughts and prayers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It took my grandma and tried to take my brother and my wife.

Yes, fuck cancer. Prayers for your family

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
In the last 10yrs it's claimed 5 of my closest friends, all very good friends of 25+ yrs from work. I recall one day three of us at work were discussing cancer and my friend said that one out of three would have cancer, two of them are now gone...my Mother had cancer three times, both breasts and her voice box...I hate this disease with a passion Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Indeed...cancer sucks.

3 family members in the last 11 years, including the wife. I hope you can carry away your burden in small manageable buckets and remember well what is best in your heart and memories.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
My best friends' dad died 2 weeks ago from a glioblastoma in the language center of his brain. Diagnosed in November 2016, finally passed away on 1/4.

Cancer sucks.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I lost my uncle to lung cancer when he was 54.
A stepfather to it at 40 (from Agent Orange)
My mother to stomach cancer at 68.

Have lost more friends than I cancer, than I want to remember. (the C, not the friends).

And have seen it ravage children. (one I dreamed about several times before I even met her, yet was compelled to pray for her, and one day, saw her in person.)

I have no idea about they "why or how" of such things, and don't question them, because I don't think anyone has the answers.

But cancer is a scourge and a curse and serves no good that can be imagined.

God bless the people who work to find the cures, and those who are in the fight for their lives, the families and friends of those fighting it, and long life to those who have beaten it back.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Took my Mom, took my maternal Aunt, and tried to take my Dad.

Cancer can suck the fart out my butt.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Lost my wife, sister and three good friends to this horrible disease.
Cancer sucks.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a recent post about the money our country spent on foreign aid.
Think of that money being spent to seek a cure for cancer. Or even the flu.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took my wife this past August.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I agree , being a cancer survivor, it gives you insight into how destructive cancer is , and a life taker.

Have lost many friends and family over the years to cancer. The treatments today are nothing like what I went through in 2006.

But sadly, even the most current treatments do not always work.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha is in Mississippi this week to see her mother in the nursing home. Her breast cancer has metastasized into her bones.

On top of it all, Tabitha is at the nursing home because her mom just went totally psychotic.

She violently assaulted her roommate without any warning.

Tabitha put her on the phone with me to see what she what was going on. She told me she had killed Tabitha and she wouldn't be coming home.

Has the pain management medication caused this psychosis or is the bone cancer doing this?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post