SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got called a racist today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got called a racist today Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I finished my workout this morning and went to speak to a few coworkers who were at the gym. In the middle of the conversation a guy walks up to us. I know him, he's a former coworker and he doesn't like me because I'm a "racist." Not a fan of the guy but I remained friendly.

Me: Hey man, how've you been?
Him: Hey I know you. I always remember a racist.
Me: What are you talking about?
Him: You gonna talk all that nigger shit now?
Me: Really, what are you talking about?

He kept getting closer with every word and continued with various comments like "pussy" and "piece of shit racist." I finally said, "You have a nice day" and left. I stopped at the front desk and mentioned the confrontation to the woman on duty. My friends said that the guy followed me out the door and watched me leave then was at the desk talking to the woman for several minutes. When I got home I sent a detailed message to the gym's Facebook account explaining what happened and that I'd like them to follow up with him and let me know what steps they're taking to address the issue. My friends said the guy followed them around the gym and stared at them until they left too. I guess they're guilty by association which is ironic since one of them is a white guy dating a black woman (and she was one of the coworkers I was talking to at the time).

A little backstory: As I said, the guy is a former coworker. I haven't seen him in a few years but his imagined grudge obviously still burns. I'm a racist because I wasn't an Obama supporter and had the nerve to not see racism in every word or deed of the entire race of white people on the planet.

Some people never change. Guess I'll have to crank up the situational awareness to 200% now. It's always something. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
feel your pain,

worked as a manager of a store in a predominantly not white area,

got called every thing from racist, to blue eyed white devil,

even had a white guy call me racist,,,

I'm white, and could care less what color anyone (including myself) is,,

there are morons in this world, and unfortunately, we have to deal with them sometimes

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nut that we may see on the news after he tried something stupid with a rifle. Watch yourself with this one.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
So in what way did you piss in his snowflakes?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
So in what way did you piss in his snowflakes?

Just by being alive.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I was walking across a street in my neighborhood with my wife on saturday, a car was coming down the side street and swerved in front of us to avoid having the stop, then rolled through the stop sign next to us. His window was down and I said "nice driving asshole", one of my liberal retarded neighbors goes "I bet you wouldn't have said that if he were white.... RACIST".

I had a few choice things I wanted to say, but heidi pinched me and we kept walking. something about how "we have to live around these people"

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have told him that assholes are all the same color .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, OP was called a racist?

No big deal to me as I, a supervisor, was called a Racist by black coworkers who I had to discipline for not coming to work or being late to work.

Of course those I disciplined still couldn't get their shit together.........because I was a Racist.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
one of them is a white guy dating a black woman (and she was one of the coworkers I was talking to at the time).

you clearly don't know how this works... White guys that only date white women are obviously racist, white guys that date black women are virtue signaling, which is also racist, so they're racists as well.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I got called a racist by a 12 year old boy a few weeks ago when I did not want to donate to his "basketball team." Kid's been out on Peachtree St panhandling for his "basketball team" for months now.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a big team Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I got called a racist by a 12 year old boy a few weeks ago when I did not want to donate to his "basketball team." Kid's been out on Peachtree St panhandling for his "basketball team" for months now.

If someone calls you an racist, just simply say "No..you're an asshole"; don't say "I'm not a racist", just keep it short & sweet.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm not white. Most, about 99%, of the racism that has come my way has been from blacks.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I guess they're guilty by association which is ironic since one of them is a white guy dating a black woman (and she was one of the coworkers I was talking to at the time).

So . . . some of your best friends' best friends are black?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Did you tell him to quit being so uppity?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That guy would not have lasted very long at the gym I work out at.......

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Sounds like a big team Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

If someone calls you an racist, just simply say "No..you're an asshole"; don't say "I'm not a racist", just keep it short & sweet.

I just say thank you - I did run a sub 16:00 5K last week......

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Graniteguy, do you really? That's insane.

├┼┼╕
246R

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Big Grin

And, that they appear to be multiplying.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Some people never change. Guess I'll have to crank up the situational awareness to 200% now. It's always something.[/quote

I would be sure to keep a low profile with someone like this. He is angry, paranoid and is still upset about a perceived injustice. I would be curious as to his current employment situation, any run ins with law enforcement as well as substance abuse issues. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This guy is trouble and you do not want to be the focus of his attention. I avoid antagonizing people like this.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post