SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got called a racist today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got called a racist today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It is funny that only some people continually think about race. Oh, yeah they have a "reason".
It seems that everything bad in their life that happens to them is because of their race.

We could all blame someone else for the reason we screw up.

If I cannot make it to work, I could say it is because I cannot stand 5 days a week of racism at work. There is a built in excuse for their problems.
This seems to all be coming to a head soon.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i take a person for their worth i brought up my kids to do the same thing but when you see riots and looting over an election or a thug being shot i dont know what to think anymore

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Tell him to make you a sammich.....oh wait, I have confused my snowflakes again

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Some people never change. Guess I'll have to crank up the situational awareness to 200% now. It's always something.

I would be sure to keep a low profile with someone like this. He is angry, paranoid and is still upset about a perceived injustice. I would be curious as to his current employment situation, any run ins with law enforcement as well as substance abuse issues. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This guy is trouble and you do not want to be the focus of his attention. I avoid antagonizing people like this.

Really? You like to encourage bullies?

I couldn't live like that.

When I encounter this nonsense I generally tell the perpetrator to FOAD.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I'm not white. Most, about 99%, of the racism that has come my way has been from blacks.

This

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Answers to a few posts.

What I did to whiz in his cheerios: I'm white, alive and had the nerve to not support obama. Also I believe in personal responsibility/destiny is not determined by skin color.

Employment status: He's technically still a coworker. He's in an entirely different division of the company and our paths haven't crossed in years.

Laying low: No. I refuse. I have been keeping my head on a swivel even more than normal (if that's possible). Had a friend in law enforcement do some digging and rumors of this fool's criminal history are untrue. Likely a ruse to build street cred and or intimidate people.

Funny and not at all a surprise, his email address is blackpower###@blah.lol.

I had a more lengthy discussion with the front desk lady at the gym this morning. His story is that I approached him and got in his face. Witnesses do not corroborate his story. When she asked him what the problem was he simply said we have a history and don't see eye to eye. Big "no shit Sherlock" statement there.

He was told that such behavior won't be tolerated by anyone and we need to avoid each other. More DUH there. He could've avoided all of this by not approaching me in the first place. I thanked them at the desk for their handling of the matter. I end of story for now at least.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Graniteguy, do you really? That's insane.

Yes, still cranking out 5:10's. I can't do the 10K's like that anymore - the training is too destructive to these old knees and joints.

Oddly enough - this is the same pace I was running in my 20's when I was a pencil neck (late 40's now). Took several years off and hit the gym (gaining around 20lbs) - and started up again about 4 years ago. The increase in lean mass is a huge benefit inside of 3 miles - but not to so much after that. I would dread running a half/full marathon.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted July 12, 2017 02:12 AM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Some people never change. Guess I'll have to crank up the situational awareness to 200% now. It's always something.

I would be sure to keep a low profile with someone like this. He is angry, paranoid and is still upset about a perceived injustice. I would be curious as to his current employment situation, any run ins with law enforcement as well as substance abuse issues. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This guy is trouble and you do not want to be the focus of his attention. I avoid antagonizing people like this.

Really? You like to encourage bullies?

I couldn't live like that.

When I encounter this nonsense I generally tell the perpetrator to FOAD.

Thanks,

Sap

I am guessing you misunderstood what I was saying. Bullying is not to be encouraged. I am talking about deescalation of a situation along with proper assessment of the threat an individual might pose. I do not have sufficient information to tell if we are dealing with a paranoid individual who is psychotic. If you are confronting him directly, it will not lead to a positive outcome. In a potential road rage situation the appropriate response is not to tell the other driver FOAD.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Sounds like a big team Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I got called a racist by a 12 year old boy a few weeks ago when I did not want to donate to his "basketball team." Kid's been out on Peachtree St panhandling for his "basketball team" for months now.

If someone calls you an racist, just simply say "No..you're an asshole"; don't say "I'm not a racist", just keep it short & sweet.

I just say thank you - I did run a sub 16:00 5K last week......

That is smoking fast, I'm happy to come in around 20 minutes or so.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not white. Most, about 99%, of the racism that has come my way has been from blacks.

Hell, I'm not white, either, just a sort of rugged-looking pinky-brown with hard-wearing darker brown dots here and there. Back when me and head-hair were close buddies, it was red, but I never got called on it. My very first GF was black-ish - coffee-coloured, to be zact. I got warned off by her parents, though, who didn't want their princess associating with a Jew, especially a Canadian/Irish one.

So I have every reason to be more conscious of race than most folks. But, y'know, I really don't give a sh*t what colour/tint/shade/hue you might be.

Sooooooooooooo......

Are you a good person?

Are you kind to kids and animals?

Do you love your SO?

Do you respect other people, and treat them the way you expect to be treated yourself?

Answer yes to all these things, and you are my colour person inside, regardless of what you look like outside.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

Hell, I'm not white, either, just a sort of rugged-looking pinky-brown with hard-wearing darker brown dots here and there. Back when me and head-hair were close buddies, it was red, but I never got called on it. My very first GF was black-ish - coffee-coloured, to be zact. I got warned off by her parents, though, who didn't want their princess associating with a Jew, especially a Canadian/Irish one.

So I have every reason to be more conscious of race than most folks. But, y'know, I really don't give a sh*t what colour/tint/shade/hue you might be.

Sooooooooooooo......

Are you a good person?

Are you kind to kids and animals?

Do you love your SO?

Do you respect other people, and treat them the way you expect to be treated yourself?

Answer yes to all these things, and you are my colour person inside, regardless of what you look like outside.

tac

Well said.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Graniteguy, do you really? That's insane.

Yes, still cranking out 5:10's. I can't do the 10K's like that anymore - the training is too destructive to these old knees and joints.

Oddly enough - this is the same pace I was running in my 20's when I was a pencil neck (late 40's now). Took several years off and hit the gym (gaining around 20lbs) - and started up again about 4 years ago. The increase in lean mass is a huge benefit inside of 3 miles - but not to so much after that. I would dread running a half/full marathon.

good for you. My wife and MIL are avid marathoners (is that a word?), I asked her if your time was fast, and she said "not for a professional nigerian runner" Big Grin

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a guy last night, long dreadlocks, neck tattoos, VERY dark shade of black, uses words I wasnt familiar with (jawn, lit, etc). I brought up race, and about how I disliked obama and that I thought he created more racial divide than any other president in modern history AND how the black community is their own worst enemy. Well, I was sure at the very least I'd be lambasted, worst case beat up and called a racist.

Nope... as a matter of fact, he agreed with me on all points and went as far as to say "why the fuck should we expect whites to take us seriously with cops killing blacks when half the time we're at fault, and 100% of the time the problem stems from our own community".... wait, say that again??? he then told me that Obama was the "least black president he can remember and that he considered bill clinton more black. He said he thinks trump is an idiot but that he doesn't think he is in the least bit racist.

I shit you not, that actually happened last night, pretty much verbatim. I guess I need to work on judging book covers and what not.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Spot on tac, you nailed it.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately a bully is going to need a physical beating. Take his best shot & mop the floor with the bully. It seems a poke in the nose gets the message across. I hate it has to be this way, but bullies respect folks that do not back down or tolerate their actions.

Good luck with your problem bully.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if i get called that stuff I just give them a bored look and ask, "That's all ya got?" before walking away. Generally deflates them when you don't show any reaction.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You had a bad history with the guy. In that case I would not have spoken first. Would not matter the color of his skin.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
So in what way did you piss in his snowflakes?

Snow is white. The guy doesn't like snow either.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I would push his buttons. Set up a hidden gopro camera in the corner of the gym, and work out next to the guy without saying anything. When he starts ranting and raving, just smile and wave.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I can sympathize with that

but look on the bright side

at least he didn't call you a democrat

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post