SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I wish hail would just go to...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish hail would just go to... Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
...hail. Saturday night while on duty my nice used ten year old Lexus SUV was parked at the police station and a tiny cell of hail passed over the lot. Somehow the sheet metal survived dozens of hits but there are a few dings. Deductible is $500 so I am out some money. Second time for me with hail damage. I am done.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I got it for about 4-5 minutes hot and heavy like but my car and trucks were already hail damaged from Colorado, so I'm not sure I would notice any new dings. I hope you can get it fixed to your liking.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Change your plate to "9DIMPLES"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can, wait till after it gets really hot during the summer. The heat may help pop out some of the dimples. Then your left with the biguns that need professional help.

Seems like we get hail everyone ther day here, so have a bit of experience on the subject.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, many of those dents will come out on their own after a good baking in the sun.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let it get hot, then wet it down and take a plumber's helper to the dents. You'll be surprised how many dents will pull out. I'm glad you have a nice. I have a nepew.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I got to ride my motorcycle in hail Memorial Day. Came out of no where and I had no place to pull over. Finally stopped under a tree and so did the hail. Man that hurt!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
...hail. Saturday night while on duty my nice used ten year old Lexus SUV was parked at the police station and a tiny cell of hail passed over the lot. Somehow the sheet metal survived dozens of hits but there are a few dings. Deductible is $500 so I am out some money. Second time for me with hail damage. I am done.

that storm got both my Tundra, Mini , and my house,

will need new screens, roof, vinyl siding on the house, fortunately no broken glass,

did break 2 pieces of trim on the Mini,,
both vehicles look like someone went on a rampage with a ball peen hammer,,

stuff was coming down hard for 5-10 minutes,
and big, golf ball sized and larger,
one piece that hit some shrubbery was bigger than my hand,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
So sorry Lyman!

-------

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Good news -- hail damage repaired. Bad news -- cost me the same as one used Sig pistol. Took a tech 3.5 hours. You can tell a good technician by how he approaches an issue. Got the door dings from parking lots and a rock crater on the front grille surround fixed as well. Guess I will have to shoot the Sigs I have rather than buy another one.

-------

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
4MUL8R -- you have mail.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. I get a new roof..after my 1K deductible. Not looking forward to this whole process.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post