SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why... NO PHOTOS IN WTS/WTB CLASSIFIED AD's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why... NO PHOTOS IN WTS/WTB CLASSIFIED AD's Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted
Just a short rant. 40% to 50% of the classified ad's on this Forum neglect photos.
You want to sell something in the Classifieds.
Or you want to buy something in the Classifieds.
You obviously have an internet connection.
You posted the ad. WITH NO PHOTOS. Now you have to email/text photos or explanations multiple times.
Obviously more important with WTS than WTB.
You don't have to pay to get your photos hosted online. There's many FREE choices out there.
Once you learn how to post photos in your ad, it's simple to do.
Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve.
There is even a TUTORIAL on this Forum showing step by step instructions.
SHOW ME what you want to sell or buy.
I usually just pass right over WTS/WTB ad's without photos.
Do I expect this rant to make a difference?
NO.
But I feel better now.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't know how.
I'm an old dog. Can't teach me new tricks.
I have no permission to post pics.
I'm too lazy.

What else?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t shout about it, but I agree that it’s very strange that so many people fail to post photos of something they have in hand. If someone like me can do it, I would think it’s within the capabilities of virtually anyone.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every single thing I try to do with a computer is a struggle. If it can go wrong or can be made to not work, well, that's me.

So I rarely sell anything here. I prefer to sell FTF as I don't want the buyer to have any surprises.

And, I rarely buy anything here, either, though I had a very pleasant purchase from Arfmel a couple of weeks ago. I did manage to post a couple of photos in that transaction, much to my surprise (it was my WTB/WTT and photos of my trades).

But, I'm willing to learn (or try to learn, maybe).

Where is that tutorial on posting photos, as, of course, I couldn't find it.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
Where is that tutorial on posting photos, as, of course, I couldn't find it.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I did email the Boss and ask if he could
"sticky" that thread mentioned above.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I got it figured out, thanks to you. Reckon we'll see if this worked.

https://imgur.com/0fElUBL

WOW! I think I got it, hopefully I'll find something else to post that's more relevant than my rifle. I had the pictures on my desk top as a fella from North Florida wanted to buy it and come down and do a FTF. But he was worried about the Covid-19, so elected not to complete the deal.

Thank all of you so much for the information on how to post photos here.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I think I got it figured out, thanks to you. Reckon we'll see if this worked.

https://imgur.com/0fElUBL

WOW! I think I got it, hopefully I'll find something else to post that's more relevant than my rifle. I had the pictures on my desk top as a fella from North Florida wanted to buy it and come down and do a FTF. But he was worried about the Covid-19, so elected not to complete the deal.

Thank all of you so much for the information on how to post photos here.

Bob

Close. Now put [img] [/img around it. You have to close the /img] with the bracket.

Quote my post of your picture and you’ll see what I mean.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree cee, but it does save me money when photos aren't posted in the ad.

There have been a number of WTS items that I probably would have bought but if there aren't any pics. to go with the write-up I just move on along. For me, everything in the classifieds is a "want" not a "need" so if a buyer doesn't make it easy for me to want what's being sold by adding some photos, I'll spend my money on one of the many recommendations that pop up for a cool product I didn't know I needed. Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
And https://postimages.org/

Is way easier to use than imgur.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
I did email the Boss and ask if he could
"sticky" that thread mentioned above.

Ummm .... It is stickied.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because he emailed me and asked me to do so

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I don't know how.
I'm an old dog. Can't teach me new tricks.
I have no permission to post pics.
I'm too lazy.

What else?

When I take the picture using my Polaroid, the camera spits out the picture. After it develops, I can't find the right slot on my PC to insert the picture!

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Your polaroid pic goes into the slot marked "floppy disc".

If your computer doesn't have a floppy drive, then try the "DVD drive".

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Because he emailed me and asked me to do so

Sorry.
Somehow I got confused by the sequence of events.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Your polaroid pic goes into the slot marked "floppy disc".

If your computer doesn't have a floppy drive, then try the "DVD drive".

And then you have to say, “Computer, enhance!”

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post