SIGforum
Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7210042064

September 03, 2019, 07:48 PM
BrianC
Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?
I was in a bookstore a while back and some jackass was walking up and down the aisles yapping loudly on his phone. If it was my store I'd tell him to take it outside; I just left without buying anything.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen
September 03, 2019, 07:53 PM
nasig
Airports are the worst. I swear, these Aholes are desperate for attention or something
September 03, 2019, 08:13 PM
erj_pilot
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
Airports are the worst.
Well...if it's a pilot talking to Crew Scheduling, it's gonna be a loud conversation. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
September 03, 2019, 09:12 PM
irreverent
quote:
desperate for attention or something

"Trust, but verify."
September 03, 2019, 09:43 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Airports are the worst. I swear, these Aholes are desperate for attention or something
Agreed - my Bose noise cancelling airbuds have been SOOOO worth it for air travel alone the past 5 years.

Attention whoring people, loud talkers, crying children & babies - they simply don't exist. Wink
September 04, 2019, 08:56 AM
RobC2
We once had a couple beside us in a restaurant place the phone down and eat their entire meal while conversing with a third party. Loudly and on speaker!
September 04, 2019, 10:49 PM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
We once had a couple beside us in a restaurant place the phone down and eat their entire meal while conversing with a third party. Loudly and on speaker!

I had that happen last year too. I finally turned around and told them to knock it off. You'd have thought yours truly had just yelled something highly inappropriate in the middle of church.

September 05, 2019, 10:55 AM
trapper189
If you haven't cured cancer or solved world peace, then I don't need to hear half of your conversation in public.
September 12, 2019, 04:33 PM
sigspecops
Hardly anything is more irritating to me than this. Just the loud talking is bad enough but it gets even better with some f bombs and other curse words thrown in while you’ve got young children hearing every word. Of course the idiots are oblivious that there are small children nearby or they just don’t care. And to top it all off, the loudest people are always the ones that never shut up.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
September 12, 2019, 04:45 PM
SevenPlusOne
I also don't want to hear your music.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
September 12, 2019, 04:48 PM
parabellum

September 14, 2019, 08:55 AM
bendable
After the game did she jump on a motorcycle, and turn up her music with the 65 w.p.c. speakers on the handle bars?

even if you can't hear the conversation ,
there are males that get sent to the grocery store by the wife and then she
dictates his shopping from home ,

while he obediently listens and asks questions like
what size?
what flavor?
chunky or smooth?
with or with out nuts?

and on and on and on ........

I want to say , ask her if you can blink?
Roll Eyes

I don't know why it disgusts me, but it does.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 14, 2019, 12:00 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
I don't know why it disgusts me, but it does.

Does he make sammiches for her and get her a cold one?
September 14, 2019, 01:09 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
People talking on speaker phone in public or in an open office space are the worst, and clearly are oblivious to their actions.

Not to change the topic, but I feel the same way about these idiots as I do about those who drive in high speed traffic with their freaking smart phones glued to their faces!

On top of that, it seems that they never had any training on the rules of physics. As in,
how damned long it takes to stop a car traveling at 70+ mph. Or what will happen when one of chain reaction car pileups happens, caused by such assholes! Went to town today, saw at least a dozen "slam on the brakes" maneuvers to avoid hitting some asshole that just had to squeeze into a space too damned short for his/her car!

Or the idiot motorcycle riders who pass while riding the center line, with cars on both sides!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
October 01, 2019, 04:43 PM
selogic
How about the parents that give the two yr old their phone so they can watch a stupid kids video at 90 decibels ?
October 06, 2019, 09:46 AM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
How about the parents that give the two yr old their phone so they can watch a stupid kids video at 90 decibels ?

That qualifies.

October 07, 2019, 05:27 AM
imadat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1J-raGinQ

Cell phone crashing.

Enjoy.
October 23, 2019, 10:07 PM
400m
Some lady was on speakerphone in the ER waiting room this past weekend. The wife’s looks sort of shut me down before I got loud enough to get my point across or embarrass the Mrs.
October 24, 2019, 07:03 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:

Some lady was on speakerphone in the ER waiting room
Speakerphone in an area like that?

Unless there was some compelling reason (other than being inconsiderate and entitled), she was definitely not a "lady." I have other words to describe her, but if I used them I would not be a gentleman.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 24, 2019, 10:43 AM
bendable
took the neighbor lady down to get her dogs nails clipped.

we parked 50 feet from the front of the store.

there was a fella next to the front door on a cell phone,

I heard both sides of the conversation for the whole 15 minutes.

obviously not a problem , all I had to do was roll up the window.

instead I heard about the grandkids soccer and weekend travel plans Razz

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first