SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
We just finished my son’s baseball game and the entire time some woman near us is talking loud enough to be heard across the field doing math with her daughter - two hours of it. Now she is talking to her husband on her speaker phone and going over all the details of how poorly her daughter did. Really? Shut up!!!

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just start adding to the conversation loud enough that the person on the other end of the phone can hear it too. Usually they get the message.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I just start adding to the conversation loud enough that the person on the other end of the phone can hear it too. Usually they get the message.

I'd like to do that but for various reasons, I can't.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
People talking on speaker phone in public or in an open office space are the worst, and clearly are oblivious to their actions.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?

Because they are narcissists. This is a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, loud talking addicted society.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people are not socialized. They have never been to a restaurant that has a tablecloth and linen napkins.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:

I'd like to do that but for various reasons, I can't.

Various reasons as in, dirty looks from that spousal unit? I hear ya.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The average person in this world no longer holds the consideration of those around them to as high a standard as what we were taught. It's the "me me me me...it's all about ME" mentality that has bored itself into people's brain stems worse than a termite into wood. In a word?

SELFISHNESS

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?

They do this in the grocery store. Bull shit conversations, not asking spouse about an item. Then in front of you at the checkout line!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The average person in this world no longer holds the consideration of those around them to as high a standard as what we were taught. It's the "me me me me...it's all about ME" mentality that has bored itself into people's brain stems worse than a termite into wood. In a word?

SELFISHNESS

yep. inconsiderate, self centered slobs. some people on cell phones are the worst

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im glad Sprint seemed to do away with that walkie talkie feature. No only did you have to hear them talk but you heard the alert tone too.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ego, conceit and poor upbringing

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

SELFISHNESS

I’ve notice that many conversations and posts begins with “Me and my brother” not “My brother and I” clearly “Me” comes first.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I can definitely feel your pain on this one. I find this extremely annoying also.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Why do some people think we all want to hear their conversation in public?

Because they are narcissists. This is a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, loud talking addicted society.

This. ^^
The more I stop and observe people, this is becoming more evident.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ego, conceit and poor upbringing

This also. Should have scrolled down more.
Especially ego and conceit.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bingo! It can get to be comical at times.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Waiting on a background check to take a new .22 home and this guy walking around the gunshop taking to his insurance company about his dental experience at full volume, pissed off.

Guy at the counter rolling his eyes.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Girl in line at the bank calling about something else as she waits. Loudly gives out SSN to everyone in the bank while waving around an endorsed check with her name on it.
She was polite enough to tell the person on the phone to hold on when it was her turn at the bank counter.
Some things need not be public.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bunifa. A classic:

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post