SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can it PLEASE... stop raining for at least long enough for me to mow my grass.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can it PLEASE... stop raining for at least long enough for me to mow my grass. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
We have had an almost unheard of warm winter here. While yes, this is St Louis and we get all 4 seasons in one weekend, I just need a few days of the same.

My grass started growing 2 weeks ago, and it has been rain, rain, sun. rain, sun, rain, clouds, clouds, rain, rain, clouds, clouds, rain...

Of course, the two days in a row that actually don't have rain, are work days, and my first day off is rain. That makes it impossible for me to mow the next day as there are literally puddles in the yard...

Never in the world have i WANTED to mow my grass this badly....

JUST STOP FOR 3 DAYS!!!!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

A friend of mine bought a couple of goats to keep the grass under control. It evolved into a very successful specialty dairy, selling high-end cheese, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you forgot a day or 2 of snow in there also. I'm in the same boat. Mine needs it bad as well.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I spent two weeks touring England and Wales in September 2000. The first few days were bright and sunny. Just lovely. Then it started raining.

I saw someone mowing during light rain and thought "what the hell!" and laughed. By the end of the trip I understood: If you don't mow in the rain you don't mow. One span of the trip saw constant rain for 24 hours.

I now understand why the Europeans consider the great plains a desert. Compared to England, it barely rains in Missouri. Everything is very lush and green as a result, and scarring of the earth is repaired with greenery very quickly. Sports pitches all have magnificent turf.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
KevinCW, Yesterday afternoon was about it because as I am sure you know,the rain is coming back later today.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Mother Nature laughs at you and your pathetic attempts at lawncare.

(I have the same problem)

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
You have grass?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hit 91 in Central Florida today. Everything is dead and brown around me. We have had about two storms since January, and one of those was a disappointment. Terribly dry here. We'd be happy for some of your rain.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I have a well. Let it rain everyday.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Time to start residential baling...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rain is all my fault, I bought a new tractor with 5' belly mower last week and it's rained every day since

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I have a well. Let it rain everyday.

Same here, mine is shallow at 48 feet. I won't complain about rain.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uigghh. We need some rain here in NE Fla. already had a few wildfires, and they're warning about more.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
To sample Don Logan, NSFW....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmR8fzQjuD8

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swani:
The rain is all my fault, I bought a new tractor with 5' belly mower last week and it's rained every day since

Dangit! At least you're willing to admit it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post