SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So, anyone else no endorsing the NRA anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, anyone else no endorsing the NRA anymore? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Jager speaks truth.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
NRA Life Patron member here. I have absolutely no problem with NRA not fighting this particular battle.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
So after reading a few articles, and confirming they have made the statement, I can not support the NRA anymore. I understand that for the good of all gun owners, you can't side with the gunman, but banning, restricting, or regulating anything about the defense of the individuals, you put the community in communism. The right of the individual, or the safety of the community, which comes first? Because in communism its the community, and in American it used to be the idividual.

I contacted the NRA same day to inform them they have no need of continuing my membership, nor have they any need of sending me more literature or notice. I'm done with them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
So after reading a few articles, and confirming they have made the statement, I can not support the NRA anymore. I understand that for the good of all gun owners, you can't side with the gunman, but banning, restricting, or regulating anything about the defense of the individuals, you put the community in communism. The right of the individual, or the safety of the community, which comes first? Because in communism its the community, and in American it used to be the idividual.

I contacted the NRA same day to inform them they have no need of continuing my membership, nor have they any need of sending me more literature or notice. I'm done with them.

So who are you going to switch your funds to that will actually help in the fight on gun rights???

Never going to be lockstep with any group.
Not exactly the greatest of plan here but you have to pick your battles and sometime you just have to step back and punt. That is what they did.

Life Member

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I'm fine with the NRA's position.

In the global scheme, this is trivial IMO. Let's fight over useful stuff. I'd like easier access to suppressors, for example. What if they traded putting bump stocks into the NFA for taking suppressors out?

Personally, I have been unimpressed with the usefulness or the fun factor for bump stocks. It is like they turn useful, fun things into inaccurate ammo-eating machines... Might as well overdose on caffeine and take off my glasses for the range visit.

This does not seem to be a hill to die on.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I have no more support of the NRA when they let the Hughes amendment be added and passed to the FOPA. They said that they would try to remove it later, but they never did try.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
SHARE ON FACEBOOK

Singer Nancy Sinatra on Thursday called for members of the National Rifle Association to be killed by firing squad.

Sinatra—the daughter of legendary crooner Frank Sinatra—shared the sentiment on Twitter following the murder of 59 people in Las Vegas by a mass shooter over the weekend.

In response to criticism, Sinatra clarified that she did not mean all gun owners, just NRA members.

This is what I find disturbing. It's probably a fact that this guy was not an NRA member just a gun owner.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, fuck that 800 pound gorilla because it doesn't do every thing I want of it. I hope they all choke and die and are left poor, and also dead!

Oooooooooor, and this might sound crazy, but bear with me, contact them and let them know your displeasure with a position they've taken and ask that they change it. And then, if that fails, go ahead and vote out the dudes and dudettes who have those positions.

The NRA isn't perfect, it's got plenty of failings, but, again, it's the 800 pound gorilla that the hoplophobes aim for, taking the heat. Meanwhile, there's other organizations, like the Second Amendment Foundation, that are flanking and getting shit done. It's chess, not checkers.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
In response to criticism, Sinatra clarified that she did not mean all gun owners, just NRA members.

If I wasn't already an NRA member, that might encourage me to sign up Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

If I wasn't already an NRA member, that might encourage me to sign up Smile

Salami and bacon, my brother, peace be upon you, in the name of the Prophet Chuck Heston. It's fun being called a terrorist some some media wank, lets you know you're probably doing something right.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Singer Nancy Sinatra on Thursday called for members of the National Rifle Association to be killed by firing squad.

Funny. Calling for the genocide of over 5 million people to fight gun violence.

Her father would reach out from his grave if he could, and bitch slap her around a bit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Her father would reach out from his grave if he could, and bitch slap her around a bit.

Doubtful. He didn't do it when he was alive. This is far from her first radical left-wing whacko rodeo.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And who gives a fuck or has even heard of Nancy Sinatra?

Go back into obscurity you old bag

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

But I have no intention of cutting off my nose just to spite my face.

This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
We would have nothing if it weren't for the NRA.

Agreed.

Are they perfect? No.

But point to another organization that is doing better for us on the National stage.

posted Hide Post
quote:

She forgot who has the weapons.

Dumb bitch.

posted Hide Post
If I win the lottery , I plan on offering some life time memberships,

if they lose the lose the bumpstocks but make all the paperwork and taxes and fees go away for full auto and suppressors, would it be worth it?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
If I win the lottery , I plan on offering some life time memberships,

if they lose the lose the bumpstocks but make all the paperwork and taxes and fees go away for full auto and suppressors, would it be worth it?

Of course, because we wouldn't need some goofy gadget for a facsimile of Full Auto. We could just go down to the gun shop and buy Uzis like I've always wanted. But I don't see that happening.

quote:

posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of this decision (or bump stocks), but I believe we would look a lot more like the UK if not for the NRA. So I'll continue to dance with the date that brought me.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I see the NRA position on the bump stock as a ploy to gain respect for their resonable position on the removal of the suppressor from the NFA.

The bump stock is of dubious benefit to the shooting community, but the suppressor is unquestionably valuable for shooters of all stripes.

If the NRA was to adopt a position of immovable support for the bump stock, there is no way in hell that the suppressor would ever be removed from the NFA.

I support the NRA position on the bump stocks for that reason. Let's hide and watch!

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post