SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Phrases I'm tired of hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phrases I'm tired of hearing Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Dog whistle

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
"unprecedented times"

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Seems like every time someone answers a question from the press these days, they begin the response with, "So...".

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Para español, oprima dos.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

Para español, oprima dos.
That is a minor annoyance for me. The big one is "Press one for English." Up yours -- I should not have to press anything for English in the U.S.A. English should be the default.

And while we're at it, if you're going to offer español as a menu option, why are you discriminating against people who speak Croatian by not giving them a menu option?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
“I don’t mean any offense, but...”
Or
“I don’t mean any disrespect, but...”

Basically saying I’m going to say something offensive or disrespectful, but I’m trying to weasel my way out of being accountable for saying something offensive or disrespectful.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should not have to press anything for English in the U.S.A. English should be the default.

Very true. Ideally, you would be speaking to a human, too. Remember when businesses actually hired people to answer their phones and direct your calls?

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

Remember when businesses actually hired people to answer their phones and direct your calls?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Ha! "One ringy dingy."

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Be safe!"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"lost in a boating accident"

Not even remotely funny anymore.

Posts: 124 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
How about combinations?

“At the end of the day we are all in this together so be safe while we adjust to our new normal.”

No Thanks!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Systemic racism.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Your call is important to us.

along with:

'Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed'

Why do I give a shit? I didn't know what they were before!

Yes, and yes

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"That sounds like a personal problem."

Haven't heard it in years and completely forgot about it until Para mentioned other people using it in another thread.

It's not any funnier when talking to an HR person and saying "That sounds like a personnel problem."

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
"Lean into" or "speak into".

As in, we are going to lean into the problem or we are going to speak into the problem. Been hearing that nonsense a lot lately from people that want to acknowledge the current unrest but really have no clue what is going on or why.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Why don't you go and put some pants on!"

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
"We're here for you."

No, you're not.

I get that from utilities, insurance, banks, etc.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
"Pre-planning"
"Pre-registration"

So, "pre-planning" means before plan? Or does it just mean planning? What the hell is "pre-registration"? Are you going to register at pre-registration or not?

Just something I hear or read and it instantly irritates me.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue wave......everything is a rogue wave these days.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post