SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Phrases I'm tired of hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phrases I'm tired of hearing Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
"License and registration, please."

I HATE THAT TOO!!!!

Especially when I hear it multiple times, from different people, when taking the GTO out for a "spirited" drive. Mad

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Will the defendant please rise?

Razz

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"And so it begins"

Posts: 124 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
"That being said,"

Seems to be the phase for the past year or so...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any who

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I could care less. Aside from people dropping the negative participle, it is greatly overused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your call is important to us.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Your call is important to us.

along with:

'Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed'

Why do I give a shit? I didn't know what they were before!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
'We're in this together'

I startled someone in the grocery store last night. The store automated announcement system was prattling on about new store rules, social distancing, yadda yadda, and the last line was "...and remember, we're all in this together." To which immediately replied out loud, rather loudly, "No we're not!" I made some woman jump a bit, I didn't realize she was even standing there. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How's the weather up there.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flatten the curve.

Posts: 84 | Location: Donnelsville,OH | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
You cant do that in here.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
'Masks are required'

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

And suck in that gut !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The simple phrase ‘stay safe’ bugs me. Stay safe from what? Is the virus the main thing to worry about? I guess some mean well.

It seems there are plenty of monikers to be irked about currently.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
For me it's "asymptomatic". Every damn article or debate about masks or anything else. Someone has to say this damn word.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
"We are fresh out."

Were they ever stale out?

"To be honest" is overused as well. It implies that normally, the speaker's utterances are something other than honest, but this next thing is different, somehow.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The new normal is one. Translation you will submit. I too dislike, "That being said." I heard you the first time. No need to point out that you just said it.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
'We're in this together'

Ugh. That showed up in a "corporate broadcast" email today. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any phrase that ends with an exclamation point. "The words we are excited to" sometimes precede the exclamation point. Corporations like those phrases.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post