SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tore the house apart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tore the house apart Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I just turned the house upside down looking for a carbine buffer. I rounded up all the parts to put a lower together but there was no buffer.

I looked everywhere. All tool boxes, cleaning kits, range bags, rifle bags, ammo boxes, spent brass boxes, junk drawers, you name it.

No buffer.

Then I pull the spring out of the buffer tube. There's a buffer on the other end!

Don't you hate that?!!

I am still missing a buffer though.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
LOL, I did that Christmas Eve, I couldn't find where I hid one of my fiancee's Christmas gifts... Looked in the basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor, room above the garage(unfinished, acts as our second attic) back to the basement where I finally found it... Thought I was losing my mind

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife calls that my extra exercise for the day. Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Missing/misplaced stuff is always in the “last place” that you look. That’s why I always look in the “last place” first. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I got in a new 1911 disconnector before Christmas. It was in a tiny clear zip lock bag.

Got it out of the mail envelope and laid in on the table. Went to the bathroom and no disconnector anywhere when I came back.
And of course nobody knows nuttin.

Four days passed before I found it mixed in with Christmas cards...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often take gun inventory and found I lost an LCP handgun. For three days I looked everywhere, gun boxes, range bag, jackets, drawers, cabinets.....

Found it in a HD soft luggage unlocked side pocket that was on the motorcycle parked outside.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I could say it has never happened to me but unfortunately it does all to frequently. I've been searching for a holster for a 1911 that I never really use but still no luck, I know I didn't sell it. Soooo frustrating.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mother in law lost her reading glasses when I was at their house...they were on her freakin head, sigh....

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Yes, losing your glasses is the worst, because you can't look for them until you find them.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
LOL, I did that Christmas Eve, I couldn't find where I hid one of my fiancee's Christmas gifts... Looked in the basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor, room above the garage(unfinished, acts as our second attic) back to the basement where I finally found it... Thought I was losing my mind

Welcome to the OFC! (Old Farts Club)

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The buffer will magically reveal itself within days once the replacement you bought shows up.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ‘lost’ my EDC knife four time over the last six years. Each time I found it within an hour of buying/ordering a replacement.

The last time was especially frustrating because my wife and I KNEW it would turn up as soon as I ordered a replacement from Amazon (we went so far as to complain to my dad at dinner that Sunday). After three days of tearing the house and car apart I buckled under and ordered a new one. Thirty minutes later I found it dangling from the shoulder strap of my laptop bag.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/4lnyJVauDpo

The blue men made a mistake. You can skip to about the 4:00 mark after the initial explanation.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
The buffer will magically reveal itself within days once the replacement you bought shows up.

Correct answer.

The best way to find anything lost is to buy another. You'll find the original within minutes of the replacement's arrival.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you've seen my garage, have you? I generally find the missing tool when I go to put away the new tool. The missing one is frequently within my arms' span of where I thought I had stowed it.

My first step now in finding the missing item is to act like I'm about to put it away, then get distracted in the last seconds, and look for it *there*.

It would be funnier if it didn't work so well!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Found the buffer today. In the rifle range bag that I already looked in. Too many pockets. Lost my .22 bore snake. Looked everywhere. *shrug*

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Missing/misplaced stuff is always in the “last place” that you look. That’s why I always look in the “last place” first. Wink

I always keep looking after finding the object I was searching for.

That way when people say "You found it in the last place that you looked" I can reply "WRONG. It was in the tenth from the last place I looked!"

Then they look at me like I'm a lunatic or something. I don't understand it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I usually lose things when I put them in a place specifically so they won’t get lost. I’m a master at out smarting myself.

Once, as a kid, I couldn’t find my T-Ball hat and was frantically looking all over for it. I was completely panicked until I walked past our large hall mirror and saw it on my head. True story.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Missing/misplaced stuff is always in the “last place” that you look.

Of course, after you find it, you stop looking. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I can relate. I received a $150 Visa gift card from my MIL for Christmas. My wife asked how much I had spent as she was checking a few others. Try as I might, I couldn't find it. Looked in my wallet several times. Looked in the safe, also several times.

I felt terrible. And my wife was giving me a hard time about losing it. And then, lo and behold, it turns out she had "kept it for me" with our other gift cards. Don't ya just love a heartfelt apology? Big Grin

Now if I could just get over the habit of searching in all my pockets for my phone... only to find I am speaking on it. Comes with the old person territory, I guess.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post