SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Garden Hose - As in, why so hard to find a decent 75' hose
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garden Hose - As in, why so hard to find a decent 75' hose Login/Join 
posted
I have a decent 50 foot hose in the front of my house...I think it is a Flexogen(?) but I really need a 75' as the current one is just a little short for car washing and to reach the far side of yard.

No worries, off to the store I go....Nope, the only 75' I can find are the cheap ass "never kink" with the flimsy fittings. Tons of 50's, a few decent 100's but only shitty 75's...I really don't need to want 100' so I guess I will have to special order one?

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Why not attach a 25' hose when you need the extra length? Would save $

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm a picky buyer, I want what i want, and hate going into retail stores, even before the present mess.
That leads me to search for exactly what I'm looking for, so with that in mind....Garden Hose, Made in USA, 75 feet and there are a number of options.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Try this?

75' hose

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Try this?

75' hose

I was looking at that one but it is out of stock ay both Home Depot and Amazon

As for using 2 hoses, Yes I know that is an option but kind of an ass pain as opposed to having one hose

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
One way is to buy from a commercial greenhouse supply company. Google will give you plenty of websites, google greenhouse and landscape supply. You’re in Phoenix so there should be many there.

The other is to have one made for you. Looks like you’re in the Phoenix area so this should be easy.

You need to locate a local business that builds all kinds of hoses. You’ll have to do some searching. One will take quality hose from a huge reel, cut the size you want, and crimp on some quality ends.

You won’t be getting Walmart prices, nor will you get Walmart quality.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an option:

https://www.firehosesupply.com/

You will be the envy of your neighbors when you boss this baby. Being that it is a firehose, your wife may need to back you up on the nozzle. I notice they have the 75 footer in stock.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Get a Goodyear (now Continental) rubber 100ft hose, and a quality hose reel.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with the Eley products I have gotten: Eley 5/8-inch Polyurethane Garden Hose

Posts: 130 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Might give these guys a try.
I have not done business with them, just found via google search.

https://www.factorydirecthose....d-rubber-garden-hose

I'll never buy another garden hose that's not 100% rubber.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find a hardware store which has the Flexzilla hose brand.

There you can buy the exact length you need and add the required ends to the cut length.
This is what I did this winter and they are quality hoses, that remain flexible even during freezing temperatures.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Try this?

75' hose
I was looking at that one but it is out of stock ay both Home Depot and Amazon
Looks like it's back in stock now at Amazon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good hoses are available. Buy an industrial one. The fire department and Coast Guard don't get their hoses through Amazon.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't knock those Flexzilla hoses. I have been using them for maybe 3 years now. I really like them! And I was always a pure rubber hose user before that

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Try finding 3/4" instead of 5/8".

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not sure it's possible or desired in your case. I've opted to bring a PVC line and a faucet to point of use. Then use shorter hoses (25'). But the distance to the nearest faucet for me was about 100'.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
the only 75' I can find are the cheap ass "never kink" with the flimsy fittings.

Serious question, what is wrong with the NeverKink hoses? I have / had three of them. They are all over 10 years old, stored outside the entire time in Orlando heat and humidity. One of them gave out earlier this year and I took pics, emailed the company and they gave me a full credit for the hose. I thought they were pretty good hoses and the service was pretty good too.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This is what I ordered USA made, 100 ft expandable hose, lifetime warranty.

Elk & Bear 75ft hose

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look into a local rubber hose supplier to make you one. When I worked pool construction, we’d buy hoses along with our gunnite hoses.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by klstclair:
I've been happy with the Eley products I have gotten:

Eley also makes the best hose reels on the market.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post