SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Verizon Wireless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Verizon Wireless Login/Join 
posted
Currently in Bermuda on vacation. Paying $10 per day to be able to use internet, text, get e-mails, etc. On something called Travel Pass. The service is absolutely awful. It's working about 20-30% of the time. E-mails won't open. You can get to most websites like Fox or CNN but then articles within the site won't load. Very frustrating .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I used it with great success in Jamaica on a Samsung.

Wife had an iPhone, no data connection with it while we were gone.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that Verizon is requiring the area code for local calls. What's up with that?

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not Verizon. It's how crappy Bermuda's cellular network is!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Well, WiFi in the hotel works just fine. I'm on it right now.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I used the travel pass in Europe and end internet was faster than here at home. It’s Bermuda’s shit service not Verizon. It’s not like Verizon is running the cell towers there...they just use them to roam.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:

Well, WiFi in the hotel works just fine. I'm on it right now.

That’s not running off of cell towers

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Verizon's travel pass worked great in Estonia, Iceland, and Finland. Those countries have much better cell networks though.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at $10 per day, Verizon and I are going to have a little talk when I get home.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, at $10 per day, Verizon and I are going to have a little talk when I get home.

As others have said, not Verizon's fault. I don't think you will get far with your complaint.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Make damn certain you discontinue this service when you get home. BE very CLEAR with the VZW tech. The have a nasty habit of charging overseas calls to whomever they can find when the hackers utilize their network with cloned phones.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I used Verizon all over Mexico, from the Yucatan to Cabo San Lucas. Nary a problem.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
quote:

As others have said, not Verizon's fault. I don't think you will get far with your complaint.

I told them I was going to Bermuda- their fault !

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It’s their fault cause you picked a shitty place to go to? Would you rather there be no options at all? $10 a nothing. I remember like 3 years ago paying $3 a min plus a daily charge.

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Dude,

you realize you are on vacation in Bermuda, yet are complaining that your phone doesn't work well?

Surely you can do something better in Bermuda than do something you lready do sitting on your couch at home, right?

Boats? Swimming? Sight-seeing?

Just turn the dang thing off

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It’s their fault cause you picked a shitty place to go to? Would you rather there be no options at all? $10 a nothing. I remember like 3 years ago paying $3 a min plus a daily charge.

No it's their fault because it's their business to know, that their service in Bermuda is shitty and not charge me $10 a day for service they know to be shitty.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No it's their fault because it's their business to know, that their service in Bermuda is shitty and not charge me $10 a day for service they know to be shitty.

The ENTIRE CELLULAR NETWORK in Bermuda is shitty, you dingleberry. There is nothing Verizon can do to change that, they are not Bermuda telecom and cannot install their own towers in that country so there is nothing they can do to improve the quality. All Verizon can do is charge you $10 a day to use the existing cellular service that is there. It is what it is. Be glad you had cellular service period. I travel to these 3rd world islands all over this hemisphere, and most of them 1/2 of the country doesn't even have coverage.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your lucky that sounds like my regular internet. At least yours is temporary.
I finally do now have an option for internet and will get that straight.

Maybe you can get some of your money back.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell it sounds like my regular spotty Verizon service at home about 25 miles east of Indianapolis. We have no towers in my area and the trees are tall out here. Why do I keep Verizon? All the other providers services are even worse

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

The ENTIRE CELLULAR NETWORK in Bermuda is shitty, you dingleberry. There is nothing Verizon can do to change that, they are not Bermuda telecom and cannot install their own towers in that country so there is nothing they can do to improve the quality. All Verizon can do is charge you $10 a day to use the existing cellular service that is there. It is what it is. Be glad you had cellular service period. I travel to these 3rd world islands all over this hemisphere, and most of them 1/2 of the country doesn't even have coverage.

Agree with jimmy123x. Verizon has some kind of service sharing agreement with the carrier in Bermuda for its customers who *have* to have service when they visit the island.

All Verizon is doing is helping you get the service for you, "piggybacked" as part of your Verizon account. Thus saving you the time and hassle of having to purchase service on your own when you arrived.

The fact that the service and coverage sucks is not Verizon's fault.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post