SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ebay idiots
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay idiots Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
10 pictures complete description everything to cover my bases and the idiots abuse the buyer protection so they can return it if they don't like it.

I had this 16 yr old kid at least he said he was 16 who really wanted a fishing reel I had so I cut him some slack and sold it to him at 1/3 the cost of a new one and even tossed in some line and a few lures. he received the item has no Idea how to use it and now wants to ship it back. if anyone has ever sold on ebay they will always side with the buyers for any reason, even if it says no returns accepted.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ain't sold on Ebay for probably a decade - ever since they started "holding" funds until buyers left feedback, I up and quit it for good.

It was great while it lasted, you made it with a great reputation, fast shipping, and took payment any fucking way you liked.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My eBay userid is the same as here (opened in 1998). I was a big fan of buying and selling on eBay for a long time. 14 months ago I listed a NIB Garmin Rino GPS...~$650 new. It was bid up and sold for $550. Buyer paid me, then proceeded to claim it wasn't as specified and returned my item. Only thing is, he returned the same unit, but a different serial #.

He basically fucked me.

I called the local police and sent them pictures. They sent a cop to his house. He denied everything, and of course there was nothing the local cops could do. With all my evidence, eBay still sided with the buyer. (Many thanks to the Spartanburg, SC Police Dept)

I had already transferred the money to my non-paypal bank account. I had the money, but eBay held my userid ransom until I refunded his purchase price. If I was willing to give up my userid and history I could've kept the money. In the end I transferred money back into my Paypal account to cover the debit.

It left a very sour taste in my mouth regarding eBay. However, I just bought something that normal price was $300 and I got it for $150 on eBay. For this reason I keep my account. However, I will never, ever, sell a high dollar item on eBay again...EVER.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GF son was heavy into selling stuff on ebay, so I gave him some HD accessories to sell. After his shipping cost we split 50/50. He said ..sure.

After selling several items, I gave him a stock HD headlight unit to put on ebay. He got a good price and packed the headlight real good and shipped it on.

Complain came several days later. Buyer said the unit we shipped was cracked. emailed pictures of it.

Of course it was his old headlight that was cracked and he screwed us out of the good unit.

Money was returned to him.

That was it for me. no more selling on ebay.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
No, I sell on Craigslist and buy on ebay. Never had a problem this way.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the Buyer file the return request the day I shipped the item.

Any transaction is only as good as the people participating in it.

In general 2 or 3% are a pain in the ass.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to sell on EBay but like most of you, I got screwed one time too many by crappy buyers. Ebay does nothing for sellers, except to take their money. I'm done with them.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped selling on Ebay years ago. Just not worth it, with all the BS and paypal.

But, I still find some pretty unique items on there from time to time. Recently I have found 2 very, very rare and out of print cave diving books. So for that I still like it.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I never sell anything on eBay, only purchase things that I find there if lower than elsewhere or one of a kind items, but I am very disciplined in vetting sellers.

I have never been "burned", I have been disappointed from pictures that are not "true representations", but that is almost always the case with things like classic car parts, and in the end, I still made the choice.

I did sell a few items for work about twelve years ago, and one was a CISCO router that had a non-CISCO interface/module.
I disclosed that the mod was not CISCO, and was not factored into the price, but included with the router.

Guy left me negative feedback with the warning; "SCAMMER, CISCO CLONE DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. SCAMMER!!!"

Betting eBay would not allow him to post >>>SMOKING FUCKING DOPE<<<<.

I left feedback that the mod was listed as non-CISCO installed in CISCO router and let it go.

It was an account I created for work related purchases, but the last time I sold anything.

Rather put up with Craigslist idiots and scam attempts to sell something, or donate things, or give them to people who can use them, than ever try and sell on eBay again.

Sad, it, like anything, can be a good community, if the rules were smartly established and properly dealt with in resolution.

But in the end, the two parties have to be honorable people and you cannot legislate that, nor force it to occur.

This place has to be the best venue ever for how "classifieds" can work.

Hats off to "The Company".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
When someone wants to return a used item you sold does the buyer have to pay return shipping, especially if ad showed no returns accepted??

I still have an Ebay account and am thinking of selling some under $100 items but if it can become a losing proposition because I would have to pay return shipping then screw that.

I won't sell any more expensive items per feedback on this forum including 1967Goat experience. Ebay used to be the place to go to sell used ham equipment until the buyers protection was implemented and abused. Guys would sell tube equipment and get it returned with good tubes pulled and replaced with bad tubes. Amplifier tubes can be worth several hundred dollars. Luckily the ham radio community has it's own network of websites to sell ham gear.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold a old comic book on eBay several years ago for $270. I listed every flaw and provided detailed photos. The buyer said that I didn’t disclose a tiny tear and he wanted a refund. The tear he complained about wasn’t there when I shipped so I refused. eBay told me that under practically all circumstances they will side with the buyer. They ended up refunding the buyer and he was forced to send the book back to me but in worse condition. It was devalued by at least 40%. I refused to give eBay the money for the refund so I was banned. There’s no way I’d sell there again.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
They aren't idiots, they are thieving scumbags.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
They aren't idiots, they are thieving scumbags.

That's for sure.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I used to be an ebay powerseller. I stumbled upon a huge amount (cases) of Honda automatic transmission fluid, and could beat everyone else's price, including shipping.

Out of 100 orders, at least 5 would cause me problems. Many people would just say that there was something wrong with the fluid, and eBay would let them KEEP $75 worth of MY fluid, AND refund them their money. So I'm out the fluid, the shipping cost, AND the eBay/PayPal fees.

Ebay/Paypal is a mother effin scam.

If there was something wrong with it (there wasnt), then at a minimum they should have required them to send it back to me (with tracking proof)

A ton of eBay buyers know the gig and they just scam the hell out of people.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I bought and sold quite a bit on eBay back in the day, and have 2,739 feedbacks. Now only a buyer except in very rare circumstances. Too many fees and high cost of shipping. Oh yea, and the dirt bag buyers.

I guess scammer sellers will never go away either. I was actually on their today checking the recent selling price for a couple of NASCAR diecasts. One guy was selling a $5-10 car for $25 because "it has the rare Goodyear Eagle tires instead of the common Racing Champion tires." Only thing is, all the cars of the one he's selling have Goodyear Eagles. So, he's just ripping off the informed, and he has sold a few of them. As always, buyer beware.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I have only bought on Ebay and never had a problem until recently. The item was defective right out of the box. I contacted the seller for a refund and he wanted to just replace the item. I sent him back a message that I wanted a refund, not a replacement. I never heard from him again and contacted Ebay for a resolution. Ebay found in my favor and I returned the item. EBay's handling of my problem was swift and fair and I don't mind saying that I was glad to have Ebay on my side or I would have just been out the money.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I used to be an ebay powerseller. I stumbled upon a huge amount (cases) of Honda automatic transmission fluid, and could beat everyone else's price, including shipping.

Out of 100 orders, at least 5 would cause me problems. Many people would just say that there was something wrong with the fluid, and eBay would let them KEEP $75 worth of MY fluid, AND refund them their money. So I'm out the fluid, the shipping cost, AND the eBay/PayPal fees.

If there was something wrong with it (there wasnt), then at a minimum they should have required them to send it back to me (with tracking proof)

I was a powerseller, and still have a store,
sell a lot of stuff on ebay, mostly gun parts , accessories, reloading stuff etc etc

had about 9 items returned, 3-4 buyers remorse, the others were 'did not fit' 'not what I needed, etc etc,

just enough returns to upset the applecart and I am no longer a power seller,

no big deal to me, still selling stuff , and oddly, no more returns,

seems to be a cyclical thing,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Can you leave bad feedback for scammers or does eBay allow them to remove bad feedback since they are the “victim“?

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Can you leave bad feedback for scammers or does eBay allow them to remove bad feedback since they are the “victim“?

seller can not leave bad feedback, just positive,
I have been a bit negative in a few feedbacks on the comments, but a complaint will get it removed

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

There will always be a segment of society willing to confirm the worst of human nature.

Scammers are doing the same to Amazon now. They order hazardous materials like auto fluids, batteries in bulk, or perishable food through Amazon's same-day grocery delivery service. They figure out the things Amazon won't take in return but will refund the money on and call it hacking Amazon. No, it's called stealing.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post