SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ebay idiots
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay idiots Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I have been on eBay since 1998. Have had some great years and great buyers but from time to time it turns to S$%^. Idiot buyers who purchased an item and don't know how to use it then want to send it back. Why did you buy it to start? The best are the computer "geeks" who buy a used laptop from me get them and really don't know how to upgrade or anything else, screw up the OS I shipped it with and then want a refund. But I have made a lot of money from eBay even with the idiots. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
19 years, 60 buyer transactions, 100% positive feedback. It was bound to happen eventually, no?

Bought a used camera the seller claimed to be "In mint condition, works perfectly."

Y'all tell me if you think this is reflective of "mint condition":

LCD screen on the back

LCD display on the top

The grip on the right-hand side, compared to that of an older camera that is mint

So I send the seller a courtesy email that I'll be wanting a return for refund. "I don't offer returns, as clearly stated in my terms."

He should have read the eBay seller agreement. If his item is not what he claims it is he has no choice.

He's sticking by his guns, though. Since his original reason for refusal didn't stop me, now it looks like he may be trying to imply those defects didn't exist in what he sold.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
19 years, 60 buyer transactions, 100% positive feedback. It was bound to happen eventually, no?

Bought a used camera the seller claimed to be "In mint condition, works perfectly."

Y'all tell me if you think this is reflective of "mint condition":

LCD screen on the back

LCD display on the top

The grip on the right-hand side, compared to that of an older camera that is mint

So I send the seller a courtesy email that I'll be wanting a return for refund. "I don't offer returns, as clearly stated in my terms."

He should have read the eBay seller agreement. If his item is not what he claims it is he has no choice.

He's sticking by his guns, though. Since his original reason for refusal didn't stop me, now it looks like he may be trying to imply those defects didn't exist in what he sold.

ebay will side with you just claim it's defective, the guy has no choice.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Does eBay ever side with the seller?
The GPS return that had a different serial number I'd expect it would be clear that there was a scam. The used headlight return, could it, before being shipped, have been etched and a photo taken? The return would then clearly have been fraud,
Or does eBay simplely gnome reality?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
The GPS return that had a different serial number I'd expect it would be clear that there was a scam. The used headlight return, could it, before being shipped, have been etched and a photo taken? The return would then clearly have been fraud,
Or does eBay simplely gnome reality?

nope never they just rip the money out of your account and hand it back. buyer is always right period.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
ebay will side with you just claim it's defective, the guy has no choice.

I don't have to lie about it. (Not that I would, anyway.) It's Significantly Not As Described. (SNAD. Yes: There's an acronym for it.)

First he tried "I don't offer returns." When I pointed-out he didn't have a choice, he then tried "Doesn't show in my photos." After I posted the above, he tried "So? It's used. You expect flawless?" Replied with the definitions of "mint."

So he approved the return, then sat on the shipping label until the deadline.

Any bets on whether he'll sit on the refund until its deadline?

If he'd just been cool I'd have paid the return shipping and would have given him positive feedback. Now he gets to pay for the return shipping and will receive negative feedback.

That's called "shooting one's self in the foot."

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

nope never they just rip the money out of your account and hand it back. buyer is always right period.

That is not what the sellers are saying in the threads I've been reading on eBay.

Knowing my seller is not ethical I will make sure to guard myself. I will be taking copious photos of the item I'm returning, and its packaging.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
and will receive negative feedback.

Leave the feedback now - you won't be able to after the transaction is reversed by eBay.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
and will receive negative feedback.

Leave the feedback now - you won't be able to after the transaction is reversed by eBay.

Yeah, I will. Or so say the experienced folk on eBay. Besides: eBay's not reversing it. The seller is meeting his obligations. He's just doing it by delaying everything to the last minute.

I suppose he imagines he's annoying me. He's not. If anything he's amusing me in a sad sort of a way.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
buyer is always right period.
I'll have to give that a qualified disagreement. In my example, there was no purchase, but there was a seller.

Several years ago, I bid on a tube radio and lost the auction. I later get an direct e-mail from the seller stating the radio was still available and I didn't reply.

About two weeks later, I get an e-mail from Square Trade where the seller claimed I reneged on purchasing the radio. I wrote that the seller contacted me privately to offer the radio (against policy). I asked for his proof that I made such a deal. I asked them to note I lost the auction.

The seller never logged in to refute my claims. Three weeks later, Square Trade abruptly ended the process without mentioning the outcome.

So yeah, they took the word of the seller and opened a case. Clearly, they didn't ask for proof before doing so. I guess I was vindicated; I was never told anything other than the matter was closed.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post