SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Tracking.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Tracking. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
“Sorry, the tracking system is having technical difficulties. Please try your search again later.”

Every time I have tried today. Every. Steenkin’. Time.

How the @*$%## am I supposed to make a schedule involving other people, and give them time to plan their week, if I can’t determine when the parts will be available?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you're in Florida, and the stuff is being shipped across the Carolinas or thereabout, it's entirely possible that flood/hurricane thing is a factor.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Well, if you're in Florida, and the stuff is being shipped across the Carolinas or thereabout, it's entirely possible that flood/hurricane thing is a factor.
The tracking site should be able to give me that information. It does not say that there are weather delays, it says that "the tracking system is having technical difficulties."

That tells me it's a computer problem, not a weather delay.

I can't make a schedule if I don't know when my parts are going to arrive.

The tracking system is there for the purpose of keeping customers informed. In this day and age that should not be a difficult task.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that...many times. Most recently I flat rate Priority mailed a package 3 days after Labor Day which was expected to arrive at a retail service location on Saturday. I paid the additional fee for signature confirmation and on the expected delivery day started tracking the package. Tracking initially showed it to be Out For Delivery but it remained in that status the rest of the day. The next day (Sunday) I attempted to track it several times and repeatedly received the Technical Difficulties message. Package tracking finally worked and confirmed delivery the following day...this was before the hurricane ever made landfall.

I've run into this before with USPS...but in all fairness they have improved their tracking system from years past, in which there were instances I was never able to track a package at ANY point in shipping and the package arrived without any notice at all.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post