SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    masks.. is it just me
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

masks.. is it just me Login/Join 
posted
i am so getting tired of people wearing masks.. driving their cars with gloves and mask on.. everywhere you go.. and the fact that cloth ones dont really help.. we were kicked out of a plant store today because we were not wearing one.. no signs posted or anything.. lady was very rude and condescending.. the media is creating a environment of fear.. so is it just me..

Posts: 367 | Location: olympia washington | Registered: March 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Karen needs to get laid.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Karen needs to get laid.

With a mask on?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since farts spread the virus, Karen needs a mask over her ass.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My airline has been requiring customer-facing employees to wear a mask for a couple weeks now. Up until yesterday it was not required for pilots except when unable to "social distance" from customers, such as when riding in the passenger cabin. As of yesterday it's now required at all times when in public view except when in the cockpit.

Now I understand from a public perception standpoint why they did it, however they pretty much admitted the reason was the "Karens" on social media who make a big stink out of everything. That's the part the pisses me off the most, kowtowing to the vocal minority, which has become the real "new normal" in America.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Masks have become the ultimate virtue signaling accessory for the commies.
It easily tells them who their enemies are.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
NOPE! It ain't just you.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Karen needs to get laid.

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Masks have become the ultimate virtue signaling accessory for the commies.
It easily tells them who their enemies are.

Exactly!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I suspect there are people like me who are glad for the current environment. I like being able to wear a mask, gloves, and minimize physical contact in public.

I have always maintained a stash of exam gloves, n95 masks, and disinfectant wipes. The downside is the disinfectant wipes which used to be 7 cents a sheet at 3% active ingredient is now 37 cents at 1% or less active ingredient.

I’ve since picked up a couple of those brass dohickeys made in the USA that I can use to push buttons or open doors in public so I don’t have to touch them.

I don’t mind a greater emphasis and awareness of contamination minimization in society.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Karen needs to get laid.
I’m not going to volunteer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here I was, just getting ready to start a " Show us your face wear "

Thread over in the picture pages Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have not been wearing a mask in public... but when I go to the grocery store I do wear gloves... funny thing is when this all started... because of my work (self employed chimney sweep) I had three cases of N95 mask and about 6 boxes of nitrile gloves....

but then I am a little different than the average sheep... at least 14k of ammo....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
No mask, no gloves and no panic. At 63, I have seen far worse and refuse to knuckle under the tyranny. Lemmings, sheep and weak people will be doomed if it ever gets really bad.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NaploleonSolo:
No mask, no gloves and no panic. At 63, I have seen far worse and refuse to knuckle under the tyranny. Lemmings, sheep and weak people will be doomed if it ever gets really bad.

Preach it, Brother!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
But ... but ... but ... women find me so much more attractive with the mask on Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It's not just you. You've got plenty of company.

What I find more ridiculous than the masks themselves are their being worn improperly (e.g., leaving the nose uncovered) or things in lieu of a real mask like spray-paint respirators and boxer brief undershorts wrapped around the face, two examples I've seen since this started. It is also silly-ass for grocery store and Walmart employees to have to wear them all the time, even though only cashiers are anywhere close to you. At least no one here is requiring masks to even enter the store.

Personally, I don't, and won't, wear a mask. I am not and have never been infected, and I already maintain personal space, just increased it a little. Nobody so far has given me any grief about it.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You see these morons walking down the sidewalk with their SO practically covered in a body condom!!! Who is going to infect them??? A tree???And driving in cars wearing gloves and a mask?? People need a cause I guess to feel important. This hysteria is destroying the economy. Wait until the market really crashes because of this nonsense and people start jumping off rooftops!!! One study shows 42% of the jobs effected are NEVER coming back, thanks libtards.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have not worn the cloth mask my wife made. I was wearing gloves for grocery shopping since sanitizer was nowhere to be found. Now I have plenty of sanitizer and quit wearing gloves. I wash my hands so often my hands are cracking dry. I've been practicing 'social distancing' for decades.

I've witnessed people at the grocery store wearing their masks only over their mouths and many with them on their chins. With 100 degree weather approaching, I think the masks will disappear.

The costco mask requirement for all means I won't be shopping there until they end that nonsense.

If people want to wear a mask and gloves, that's their choice, the 1st goes both ways. Don't criticize me for my choice.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I have not been wearing a mask in public... but when I go to the grocery store I do wear gloves...

You can't get the virus through your skin.

The masks in public aren't to protect you.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post