SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Folks who are super lazy with their words
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folks who are super lazy with their words Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I generally hate abbreviations and butchering of the English language.

Totes would be a strong contender for number one in my book. It should be federal law that you get punched in the face for using it.

Magotes

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I generally don’t give a shit how people use slang, but “kk” for “okay” drives me bonkers. I actually use “k” a lot, both in texts and actual speech but I for the life of me don’t understand why one would use two Ks for the slang version of “okay.”

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Wut?

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
PO-PO runs me up the effin (or should I say fucking) wall...just say or text "police"...I know this might be more "slang" than lazy spelling...but it runs me up that wall!...

dis Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
PO-PO runs me up the effin (or should I say fucking) wall...just say or text "police"...I know this might be more "slang" than lazy spelling...but it runs me up that wall!
Yup. I will NEVER understand why people say "po-po," instead of the proper term: Five-Oh.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I will NEVER understand why people say "po-po," instead of the proper term: Five-Oh.

Surprisingly there is actually a reason.

Po-Po are street cops; 5-0 are special units (gang, SWAT, Narcs)

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I learn something new every day, here on SIGforum.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lazy speech patterns that some younger folks use. They sound as if they are drunk, quietly slurring and running their words together in one big run on word/sentence. ENUNCITE, dammit!

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enunciate?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
enunciate?

Eunuch language.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Aks, as in let me aks you a question. Sadly, it has become accepted, and is the norm for many people.

Text message spelling in general, when used outside the context of texting, drives me crazy.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
The lazy speech patterns that some younger folks use. They sound as if they are drunk, quietly slurring and running their words together in one big run on word/sentence. ENUNCITE, dammit!

Come on, cut us some slack! I'm from the mountains of Virginia, and even after 30 years in Utah, it took me about 5 seconds in Nashville with the natives before my lips were barely moving when I spoke. I then went to northern Alabama, and by the time I was loaded, my wife couldn't understand me on the phone. Smile

Not to mention, I started speaking in simile. "Umm gunna git loaded, then head home like a scalded dog." Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aks, as in let me aks you a question. Sadly, it has become accepted, and is the norm for many people.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Aks, as in let me aks you a question.
That is so wrong!

Everybody knows it is "axe." Let me axe you a question.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Hahaha

What do you suggest, then? LOL? Big Grin

Ha!

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I don’t care what any of you say. I’m keeping “da fuq?”.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltbarber:
"K" instead of O.K., or alright, etc....

Why not use okey dokey? that is where OK comes from.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Wait, I thought it came from Oklahoma? Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Referring to people as "peeps" always irritates me. I guess it's more slang than lazy though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I will NEVER understand why people say "po-po," instead of the proper term: Five-Oh.

Surprisingly there is actually a reason.

Po-Po are street cops; 5-0 are special units (gang, SWAT, Narcs)

dang homie I though 5-0 was just for Hawaii leo... Book'em Dano

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post