SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor Calls Sheriff on Full-Auto Fire?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor Calls Sheriff on Full-Auto Fire? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
My mom (and brother) live near a firing range called Camp Bullis.

Bullies is a bit more than a firing range.

Were they there sometime ago when the Army was destroying large ordinance? A lot of calls to Bexar County Sheriff then.

We live in a neighborhood that borders the West side of Camp Bullis, were ther from 1999-2018. Always loved hearing the full-auto but my favorite were the C130 parachute drops.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to know how many people who claim to hear "full auto fire" don't realize what they are really hearing. In reality it's most likely a semi auto being fired very fast.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard enough auto at the ranges in Phoenix ,
I believe I can discern between the two.

I could even tell the difference between an Ar 15 or m forgery and an AK

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
My mom (and brother) live near a firing range called Camp Bullis.

Bullies is a bit more than a firing range.

Were they there sometime ago when the Army was destroying large ordinance? A lot of calls to Bexar County Sheriff then.

We live in a neighborhood that borders the West side of Camp Bullis, were ther from 1999-2018. Always loved hearing the full-auto but my favorite were the C130 parachute drops.

My brother has lived near there since the late '80s or early '90s, and my mom and dad moved there just before the turn of the century. When I've been visiting over the years, I've heard a fair amount of ordinance being fired. My brother-in-law was an artilleryman in the Army, and he thought he recognized 150mm howizter firing once.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My brother has lived near there since the late '80s or early '90s, and my mom and dad moved there just before the turn of the century. When I've been visiting over the years, I've heard a fair amount of ordinance being fired. My brother-in-law was an artilleryman in the Army, and he thought he recognized 150mm howizter firing once.

There hasn't been artillery fired on Camp Bullis since the 1950s. I can confidently state this as an Ordnance officer who competed in service rifle matches on Bullis when I wasn't supporting 155mm howitzers.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post