SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AMTRAK status page shows on time, IT'S TWO HOURS LATE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMTRAK status page shows on time, IT'S TWO HOURS LATE Login/Join 
posted
I understand late trains can happen, but how can the www site times be so wrong???

https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

My wife was visiting our daughter in KC MO, she's now on the train to Galesburg IL, about a 45 minute drive (vs 5.5 hours to KC).

We've been texting, she left - and will arrive - about 1.5 hours late, but the www still shows on time. Late happens, but FIX THE WWW SITE!!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are probably using the Tracking Service from the USPS.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
They are probably using the Tracking Service from the USPS.

Snatched the words right from my lips. Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Good enough for government work...

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Government time

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I'm convinced it's be design.

I flew on New Year's Day. My outgoing flight from Roswell NM was listed as on time, after it was scheduled to leave, with the prior incoming flight (the one that was supposed to be outgoing) listed as over an hour late.

This was only one part of my travel debacle that day. Don't get me started......

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3295 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just glad that the airline pilots and train engineers get up to date information.
Air traffic control and directing the complex rail system are kind of important.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
My wife used Amtrak into Boston at times and they had a on;line status map that was accurate to a few minutes.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post