SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Baby its cold outside - Kelly Clarkson and John Legend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby its cold outside - Kelly Clarkson and John Legend Login/Join 
posted
Are you fucking kidding me!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard it, what's your beef with it?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Here is one of a ton of articles on it. Here's another from FoxNews.

The short story: Kelly and John decided to update the song with more politically-correct lyrics. Deena Martin (Dean's daughter) -- like many others -- is not impressed. (Link)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have always liked this song, after the snowflakes started their c--p last year, I started liking it more.

There are to many good versions of this song out there to even think of listening to Clarkson and Legend's version. I'll pass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've accidentally heard rap music- You got balls to complain about "Baby it's Cold Outside".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Haven't heard it, what's your beef with it?
The original lyrics implied that she should stay the night at his house because it's too cold outside for her to go home.

In the revised PC version he will call a cab for her to go home because it's cold outside.

It's all about not offending the sensitive snowflakes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They're idiots. It always seemed obvious to me that the lady wanted to stay, and was justifying it to herself.
Anyway, my favorite version to get that dumb remade out of your ears.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that, zoom6zoom.

I kinda like the Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel version, too:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-4aOi3AzQ

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I saw some Feminazi was comparing it to date rape Roll Eyes Wanted it banned. This seems to come up every year.

My Nephew recorded it with Leigh Nash several years ago. The album version was great. Here is a live performance of them. My brothers kid is on keyboard.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fovhCcdeNm8

Link to the official version.
https://youtu.be/nSJOvhsY6Kg

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Very cool, cparktd!

God bless America.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The song first got popular when it was sun in “Neptune’s Daughter.” In face it was sung twice by two couples. The most well know is Ester Williams and Ricardo Montalban. However, Betty Garrett and Red Skelton also sing the same song. The difference is Garret is the aggressor trying to make a reluctant Skelton stay. She gets much more physical then Montalban does.
Same song but only one gets the snowflakes melting.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Seems we’re starting early this year with the “baby it’s cold out there” outrage and offense.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I kinda like the Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel version, too:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-4aOi3AzQ

I don't know if Zooey does other songs this well but I agree she is great and I thought when she did it in the move "Elf" it was also outstanding.

And those blue eyes. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This pretty much sums it up:

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I don't know if Zooey does other songs this well but I agree she is great and I thought when she did it in the move "Elf" it was also outstanding.

And those blue eyes. Cool

I agree 100%.

- - - - -

Good one, PASig!

God bless America.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Seems we’re starting early this year with the “baby it’s cold out there” outrage and offense.

It's never too late early to slam political correctness at its most moronic.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post