SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate scams but this is too funny not to share
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate scams but this is too funny not to share Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Attention:

This is to inform you that you have been selected to receive the 2019 United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) of $950,000 US Dollars. The selection process was carried out through The United Nations (UN) computerized email selection system, from a database of over 200,000 email addresses obtained from all continents of the world, which you were selected among.

The United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) was created by the former UN Secretary-General Kofi A. Annan in 2005 as a United Nations General Trust Fund to support democratization efforts and civil society organizations around the world. We are delighted to inform you that due to mixed up of names and numbers, your name attached to approved number 058/85, which consequently fall on (UNDEF) African Chapter,therefore, you are advised to contact the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) African Coordinator and Grants Manager Mr.Christian Lamarre, to claim your $950,000 US Dollars.

Name: Christian Lamarre
Email: u.nationsdemocracyfund@gmail.com
Tell; (585) 206-3391

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
The UN uses Gmail? LOL

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I would have copied it, because it was so funny. A few years back I got an e-mail that said I won two billion dollars in a random internet lottery. The e-mail said "billion" with a B twice. All I had to do was click on the link to get details. I foolishly decided to pass on my sure thing windfall

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Christian is related to Hedley?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Quadaffi’s wife contacted me to help them spend some seed money in the States so they could escape Libya. I, of course, was due a hefty sum for my help. Smile

My first thought was “why the hell am I on quadaffi’s mailing list?”

My second thought was “who falls for this bullshit”

I also think there is a warrant for my arrest in some Caribbean country I never visited. Now that I think about it maybe it’s related to my ties with Ole’ Momar. Smile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Congratulations you lucky dog!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, someone with declining mental acuity will probably fall for this scam. Which really pisses me off.

Personally I like getting scam phone calls when I'm not busy - gives me a chance to string them along for as long as I can - wasting their time.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I had a guy that worked for me fall for one of these scams. He was all excited to tell me about it. I explained it was a scam but he had already sent something like $10K. I felt really bad bursting his bubble as he was a really nice guy and hard worker.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post