SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    ARRRGHHHH! I lost my keys. The Pain!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARRRGHHHH! I lost my keys. The Pain!!!!! Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Must have fallen in one of two cab rides I just made.

The keyholder was my oldest personal item, a Silver Coin from the World Soccer Championship. Had it since 1978.

Miss it already. Feel lost and hollow knowing it's not here anymore.

Oh! The Humanity.....

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had items returned from cab rides. There is always hope of an honest person. It is usual procedure for all cabbies to check the seats carefully for lost items at the end of the shift. A lot depends on the fares after you.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Out of the three (two "normal" and one "valet") keys that came with my car, I'm down to one. Having chips that must be programmed to crank or start the engine, they probably aren't cheap.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The keys I can replace... I mourn my keyholder.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Might want to monitor eBay for a while.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a spare set of keys in a safe place: the bottom of Canyon Lake near San Antonio, Texas.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
The keys I can replace... I mourn my keyholder.

0-0

I've had the same one since third grade, I'd be pissed if I lost it too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any possibility of calling the cab companies, letting them know what you lost, what cab you were in & the time/area, & offer a reward if they find it? Would probably be your best bet to getting it returned.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Out of the three (two "normal" and one "valet") keys that came with my car, I'm down to one. Having chips that must be programmed to crank or start the engine, they probably aren't cheap.

My inlaws kept loosing their car keys. We learned (about the 3rd time we went in) that the cost was in the set up. If we ordered extra at the same time, the additional keys were not expensive. I think we got 4 (and they lost 3 or them) One of the reasons they stopped driving and sold the car. LOL

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Attached to a belt loop, even when wearing a suit.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I just realized that the bottle opener I have on one set of keys I've had since the late 1980s. That would be a sad one to lose.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tile.com

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wal Marts here have dog tag making machines, for three bucks, you can add information to your key ring and hopefully an honest person will return them to you. Or find someone that can get them to you.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a 2015 F150 mid 2019, only had one key. Loaded up to go deer hunting so I had the key to unlock to load up.

Ready to go and cannot find the key? Must be somewhere on my property but cannot find. Two key fobs from Ford $650 and finally got to lease after dark.

At least shot 2 nice 8pts next day.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
One of my sets of keys is on a leather MG fob from my parents old racing days, circa late 50's. That would suck to lose, so I can understand.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
have carried a P-38(c-ration can opener) on key chain since AUG 1968.. have had many others but this one would be hard to loose............. drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I have a spare set of keys in a safe place: the bottom of Canyon Lake near San Antonio, Texas.

They must be next about 5 pairs of sunglasses I left there. And a few hats....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nicky,

Any luck with the cab company? Sucks if you are unable to recover that coin key fob.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never lost any keys in someone else's vehicle fortunately, but I will be darned at how many times I seem to hide them in my home from myself. That and my cell phone on occasion.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Put a Tile on the keychain and the app on your phone.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post