SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    ARRRGHHHH! I lost my keys. The Pain!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARRRGHHHH! I lost my keys. The Pain!!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The Wal Marts here have dog tag making machines, for three bucks, you can add information to your key ring and hopefully an honest person will return them to you. Or find someone that can get them to you.

Just be careful how much information you reveal, especially if you have house/barn/work/shop keys on the same ring.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in my case, all they have to do is get them to the only barber in town or the post office or the city office building or the hardware store or the pharmacy

thats the beauty of living in a town of 1600 people

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Attached to a belt loop, even when wearing a suit.

That is/was the official setup for railroaders to carry and keep track of their keys...when I walked through the door at the Pegram Locomotive Shop in Atlanta on November 3rd 1980 I was given a brass snap swivel for my keys...I still have it to this day Smile...it has been replaced by a 5” nylon strap (gift from my wife’s sister with “keys I have not lost yet” embroidered on it. It’s also a VERY bright blue Big Grin) setup with an aluminum carabiner to attach to the belt loop...the nylon strap is long enough to let the keys go into your pocket after attaching the carabiner to the belt loop...works like a charm Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with the taxi, micro, collectivo company to see if it's turned in. Or go back to where these guys congregate. Chances are you'll recognize the driver. I'd imagine B.A. is a very large city, but chances are your taxi works the same area over and over.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Put a Tile on the keychain and the app on your phone.

I’ve heard of people glueing these with silicon into AR grips or buttstocks (if a cavity exists to allow it) to track their location in the event they are stolen...I can see it.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I got a Tile for the wife's keychain after she lost them (in the house) 3 times in one week. It worked 100%, she hasn't lost them since Big Grin

The thing with the tile is the range. 300 feet at best for her model, some are less. Now, if you loose them in an unknown place out of range good luck. The idea is... if someone with the app active on their phone happens by, within range of, your lost item then their app, if they have the function turned on to allow it, will signal you the location. I saw a review where a guy stuck a Tile under a handrail in a very busy airport and left it there for three days and it never phoned home once because no one with the app active on their phone walked by.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post