SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unclear Voice Mail Messages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unclear Voice Mail Messages Login/Join 
posted
If you are going to leave a VM for someone please, for the love of all that is holy, use some common sense and:

1) Dont speak at 100mph
2) Leave your number, clearly, twice is nice
3) If you have a thick accent or mumble and expect a call back then read #1 and #2 a few times and practice them.

I have been listening to and having someone else listen to a voice mail from a vendor that I need info from and for the life of me I cannot understand his name, number or extension and if I call the number he called in on I get into a main hub with no human

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Good advice. Let me add if you write business emails, use correct grammar, use proper verb subject agreement and leave off the !!! points. I am wondering if a course in basic phone skills, and simple English communication is needed.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I used to love guessing game voice mails.

Hey Dave, I need to talk to you as soon as you get back in the office. Give me a call. (Click)

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Yep. Good advice. Let me add if you write business emails, use correct grammar, use proper verb subject agreement and leave off the !!! points. I am wondering if a course in basic phone skills, and simple English communication is needed.

Years ago a car dealership I worked at made every employee, as part of intake, complete a basic phone course that covered how to use the actual phone but also answering protocol and some things you would think were common sense.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have over 120 tax clients & get text messages expecting me to know who they are! I have to text back "Who are you?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ialsohateitwhenpeopleleavemessagesthatarehardtounderstandandpleasecallmebackat450637 BEEP.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:

Hey Dave, I need to talk to you as soon as you get back in the office. Give me a call. (Click)
Dave isn't here, man.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My favorites (Roll Eyes) are the ones that drone on for three minutes and leave a phone number only at the end and spoken as fast as they can recite it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
If you are going to leave a VM for someone please, for the love of all that is holy, use some common sense and:

1) Dont speak at 100mph
2) Leave your number, clearly, twice is nice
3) If you have a thick accent or mumble and expect a call back then read #1 and #2 a few times and practice them.

I have been listening to and having someone else listen to a voice mail from a vendor that I need info from and for the life of me I cannot understand his name, number or extension and if I call the number he called in on I get into a main hub with no human

You must have gotten a message from my wife.

I have badgered her about this for years. Speak slowly. Speak clearly. Don't blurt out your number, say it slowly and then repeat it so they don't have to listen to the message multiple times.

It's gotten to the point that I just delete her message and call her rather than try to decipher it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Try getting a voice mail in French, when you don’t speak French!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:

I still love them. Because my wife is expert-level at leaving messages without a damn topic.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I just don't listen to my VM, okay I rarely do...maybe 1 in 20.

If I know your number I will call you back or text you.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Mothman is foretelling ...

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post