SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SeaTac SUCKS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SeaTac SUCKS! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Rant to follow...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Guessing that you’re flying Alaska... Stuck at terminal one, in the middle of the tarmac. No options. I always hated flying in/out of SeaTac.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does. Prohibiting alcohol sales in airports and planes though would make everyone’s life easier. Except the drunks of course.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you alleging banning alcohol sales inhibits the spread of covid? I'd like to hear the science behind that.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bshnt 2015
posted Hide Post
"Inslee our man" 2024 Roll Eyes

I'm from Seattle and yes Seatac even after be remodeled still looks like a strip mall from the 70's. The lack of service and food highlights the inability of the state's management or bureaucracy to function in a capacity to support weary travelers.

Perhaps a suggestion of a self serving "bar" like in Japan where dispensing machines can sell cans of beers and small bottles of wine and hard liquor. In a Washington Liquor Board controlled area of course.

Duly noted with rant and bitch.....happy new year.

Posts: 250 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not even sure how you made that leap of “logic”. I am saying that drunk people in the airport and on planes cause a lot of problems. Couple alcohol with bad flyers who self medicate to get through a flight and you literally now have the reason behind most gate returns and calls for police.

People in airports turn stupid for many reasons. Selling booze to them doesn’t improve the ambience.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting in Seatac right now, plenty of food available, concessions, and yes, alcohol. Not everything is open, as is the case almost everywhere, but plenty.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I fly at least 4 times a year now and until 2 years ago I flew around 10 times a year for around 25 years.

I've never seen a drunk cause a problem on an airplane or in a terminal at any time.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fly 200-250 times a year and have done for nearly 40 years, and I've seen drunks cause problems on flights, in terminals, even a few drunk crew. I've also been accosted by drunks, as a crew member, and have diverted and grounded a flight due to a drunk passenger.

By and large, it hasn't been a huge problem, though it is illegal to board an aircraft intoxicated, and it's illegal to consume one's own alcohol on a flight, too. Most people are responsible. Some aren't. It's the ones that aren't, that are the potential problems. Altitude exacerbates the effects of alcohol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Yes it does. Prohibiting alcohol sales in airports and planes though would make everyone’s life easier. Except the drunks of course.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jNNFqQODKE

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Prohibiting alcohol sales in airports would probably drop the amount of people flying drastically.

I got to thinking about what I posted yesterday about never having seen a drunk create a problem on a plane or in a terminal and after thinking about it, I'll rephrase it.

I've never actually seen anyone in an airplane or a terminal who was obviously drunk and after my time in the Army, I definitely know what drunk looks like.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post